British Television

In today’s UK Queen’s Birthday honours, actor Damian Lewis (Homeland, Billions) is getting a CBE for services to drama and charity. During the COVID lockdown, Lewis and late wife Helen McCrory founded Feed NHS, a campaign to raise £1 million to provide food for NHS workers.

Jane Turton, CEO of production company All3Media since 2015, is made an OBE.

2 Likes

The sequel to the Queen’s 2012 breakthrough role has finally arrived.

4 Likes

Not quite. Cute but not even close.

1 Like
1 Like

C4 are to relaunch their music channel 4Music as E4 Extra.

4Music has basically shown archive E4 programming from around midday each day through to the early hours for a few years now so it’s a long overdue rebrand. 4Music will remain as a brand, replacing Box Hits and revert to an all music line up.

2 Likes

TV adds X-appeal to streaming with 9,000hrs of the freshest tv launching for free later this year

ITV today announced further details of new, free streaming platform ITVX, which is due to launch in the UK later this year. A complete re-imagining of existing catch-up service ITVHub, streaming service ITVX will offer viewers a choice of over 9,000 hours of the freshest new series, documentaries, cult classics and films for viewers to enjoy without a subscription fee .

• 35 flagship shows to launch in late 2022
  • New dramas to premiere on ITVX include A Spy Among Friends , Without Sin and Tell Me Everything
  • 250+ stellar films and 200+ series available at launch
  • 150+ hours of true crime incoming including exclusives Monster in My Family and The Case Against Cosby
  • Scifi and fantasy collection featuring new and classic series including Astrid & Lilly Save the World and Korean-American hit Dramaworld on offer
1 Like

EDIT 5/7:

2 Likes

2 Likes
1 Like

1 Like

The game averaged 11 million viewers on the BBC and another 17.9 million in Germany.

1 Like

ITV2 have now confirmed the return of BBUK next year.

1 Like

That means it’s been on all 3 major commercial free-to-air networks in the UK.

Channel 4: 2000-10
Channel 5: 2011-18
ITV2 (and ITVX): 2023-

If the ITV revival goes badly, maybe the BBC could have it for Three.

1 Like

The first series of Celebrity Big Brother was actually also on the BBC (as well as C4) as it was linked to the Comic Relief telethon.

3 Likes

Lucky UK viewers!

1 Like

Such a simple promo, I’m liking the aesthetic

So far itv are giving me good vibes for Big Brother UK

as long as they stick to the original format and don’t go for BBAU’s current format, I think the BBUK revival will have a good shot