British Television

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

So i wonder if that means the Aussie version is going back to South Africa…

1 Like

Kinda off topic, but is there a general consensus as to which forum is going to be considered the replacement for TVLiveForum, which replaced the old TVForum? Just logged in after a busy couple of weeks and saw Rob had shut it down. I didn’t really post but always liked having a read once a week. Looking at someone like @Brekkie for some guidance here…

At the moment, there are three choices:
TV Talk Forum: https://tvtalkforum.co.uk/
Pres Café: https://pres.cafe/
TVARK Forum: TVARK Forum

Maybe there will be a consolidation at some point, because yikes - we’ve gone from one forum to three

All seem okay places

2 Likes

Never used a UK forum, but that guy seems a big unhinged going from his social media posts.

1 Like

All OK but none of which firing on all cylinders yet and some pretty low quality discussion on some. I think most of us old timers have got a bit bored with it and are sitting them out for now. There sadly seems to be a core of the community who are happy for very dry and focused discussions on specific elements rather than more relaxed and open discussion which acknowledges these things, and the people posting about them, exist in the real world too.

2 Likes

I was a member of that forum, I was too scared to post he ran that forum with an iron fist :rofl:

1 Like

The expectation of that happening as a result of the splintering of discussion is why I haven’t rushed to join any of the new forums (and probably won’t for quite a while at least).

3 Likes

Remember he was also dealing with some personal problems too.

Very interesting way to put it. I’d always found some of the dialogue there (and TVF) restrictive at times because of this.

1 Like

I never really knew about his personal problems, but still nonetheless I really liked the community there though.

Welp, Rob says that the Pres Cafe will be the natural successor to TVLF:

@OnAir

1 Like

UK broadcaster ITV have brought Nine Network’s three part drama Underbelly: Vanishing Act about a true story of Melissa Caddick who went out for a morning walk and never came home in November 2020 which crime is yet to be solved and they also commissioned a separate documentary which is called Life and Limb: The Missing Millionairess

1 Like

Daily Mail is reporting that Sky Sports have requested the ECB shift home tests away from August as not to compete with the start of the Premier League season

(ECB have agreed - saying it will also help the Hundred)

1 Like
1 Like