British Television

Channel 4 today announced an extension of its strategic partnership with YouTube to make hundreds of hours of programmes available on YouTube in the UK/Eire and enable Channel 4 to sell its own advertising around these shows, marking the first deal of its kind across the UK and Europe.

3 Likes
2 Likes

This is big - will put some pressure on Sky Sports:

4 Likes

Not quite a first - C4 themselves had a deal with YouTube for their on demand programmes from 2009-2014.

2 Likes

So this will replace BT Sport, I’m guessing.

EDIT: I’ve just read a piece on it. It’s a 50/50 JV which will operate both Eurosport and BT Sport in the UK. Both brands remain for now, but will merge in the future.

1 Like

Correct, they will first continue as-is, then BT Sport will be a part of discovery+, then they will merge, probably into BT Sport as the brand I’d say, given the BT part-ownership, on the discovery platform.
Could any UK-based MSers confirm which brand is more famous/well known in the UK?

1 Like

Not UK based but I would say BT Sport. Premier League and Champions League rightsholders.

1 Like

Was it on Australian tv too?

The final night (as covered by ITV) will be shown this Friday, May 20, at 8.30pm on Seven in Sydney, Brisbane and Perth, and on 7two in Melbourne and Adelaide.
More info:

2 Likes

Terrific

BT is planning to retire BT as a consumer brand and only use EE. BT will only be used for business products.

So it’s either gonna be Eurosport or something completely new. Can’t see them sticking with BT sport in this situation.

1 Like

Queen + Adam Lambert, Elton John and Diana Ross will all perform at the event for the Platinum Jubilee, which will be broadcast live on June 4, with other such as David Attenborough, soccer star David Beckham, Stephen Fry, Julie Andrews and breakout British tennis player Emma Raducanu also appearing.

1 Like

More reboots for Ch5.

2 Likes

The new season of Love Island UK will be streamed on 9Now in Australia from Wednesday, June 8.

1 Like
2 Likes

Same with Australian TV

2 Likes

Is she just complaining she isn’t getting work anymore? She’s a no-name (as they haven’t put her name in the title).

1 Like

They must be successfully reaching the audiences if the actresses are getting repeat work.

2 Likes
1 Like