Brisbane 2032 Olympic Hosting Announcement

What time is the announcement? Sydney time?

John Coates gave a short intro to the PM who gave a long speech (why can’t his media conferences be as clear). Then we heard an indigenous version of The Voice. With the Premier speaking, Southbank can be seen in a split screen. Followed by the Lord Mayor.

6 Likes

Only on 7’s coverage.

1 Like

6.30 according to Seven super

Update: countdown

Hopefully for Seven the presentation finishes close to 6pm.

An I hope they don’t stuff up the coding for tomorrow’s ratings!

6 Likes

Nine News included parts of the bid presentation.

Nine appears to have two ways of being able to show the vote result - one from Tokyo and one in Brisbane where the large screen feed atm does not have any Seven branding.

6 Likes

No London highlights on 7+? Does seven not have the rights to old footage or are they cutting it from our collective Olympic memories?

1 Like

I assume because they didn’t broadcast it they aren’t including it with their past Olympics highlights.

1 Like

Live on ABC News channel.

4 Likes

Nine News coverage in Brisbane of the Olympic decision has extended way past Seven’s who switched to COVID news. It is very difficult to hear Melissa at Southbank.

Nine has introduced a live video feed from the Tokyo meeting that they have said will remain on for the result of the vote.

1 Like

John Coates doesn’t know how to wear a face mask

5 Likes

“You will not miss a thing, here on Nine.” with live coverage from the meeting.

2 Likes

I noticed that too, just felt like pulling it up to correct it :man_facepalming:t3:

4 Likes

Proof to show that they’re completely oblivious to the COVID threat :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Decision live on ABC News as well.

3 Likes

7 Likes

So tried to watch 7’s live stream of this - silence, silence, then cheering… Good work.

11 Likes

As much as I’m happy for Brisbane, I hope it’s a better event and showcase then Good Coast was. Was the most boring and lackluster event I’ve ever seen.

Can’t go asking for money now Anastasia! If you can afford the olympics……

5 Likes

ScoMo only has two modes - smug dickhead and daggy dad

12 Likes

ABC couldn’t get this reporter a cameraman? I mean they are what a hundred meters from the studio!

Yes - the coverage of the announcement from Seven was a huge anti-climax. The result of the decision was more obvious on the other network’s coverage.

1 Like