Nine News Content and Appearance

Another graphics issue at the start of NSW COVID Update at 11:00am

The Today Extra time and logo appeared while Nine News graphics was also on.

4 Likes

The countdown clock makes it’s return for SA. Also presenting on-location from Rundle Mall (I’m guessing so that the 5pm and 6pm teams don’t need to mix).

Edit: Also, a live cross to the North Sydney newsroom showed one of their staff not using her mask properly (nose not covered) and another with her mask completely off her face…

7 Likes

Typical Sydney…

3 Likes

Adelaide’s 6pm bulletin: Kate is in the studio and Brenton is in Rundle Mall where Will presented the 5pm news.

2 Likes

6 Likes

Does anybody consider how their sporadic ideas will look on air? The screen looked so cluttered, especially once the supers were up. Chucking a rectangular box at the bottom of the screen and the countdown clock diagonally opposite looks ridiculous. At least move the clock to sit above the live feed. Even better- put the feed and the ‘normal programming’ into a split-screen using 9 News gfx.

As for the OB, it was awful. You couldn’t hear Melissa at all. So much background noise. I was waiting for one of the reporters to talk over her when she was crossing to them, lol. At least they had the decency to do the rest of the news in studio, though, unlike 7.

1 Like

EXTREME CLOSE UP! WHOOOOAAAH!

I see Wayne’s World’s cameraman now works for Nine News.

A different backdrop behind Cameron tonight.

7 Likes

Gold Coast opener with countdown

5 Likes

Nine News Melbourne having technical issues with the auto cue? Hitch seems to be having trouble reading tonight.

3 Likes

Have I just coincidentally never been watching at the exact moment, or has Melbourne stopped using a national synoptic/satellite map in the weather recently?

Bit of a blooper on the QLD news just now. Returned from a story to Andrew looking at the wrong camera, who began to read a toss to break (stumbling and referring to paper scripts), before breaking news boxes appeared with Damo Ryan live in Tokyo not ready for a cross. Andrew and Melissa didn’t acknowledge any of the very obvious issues and finished the throw to break. All seems good now.

Obviously I wish technical difficulties wouldn’t happen, but when they do I wish the anchors would acknowledge it. I feel like it’s made so much more awkward when they act like they haven’t noticed.

Edit: thinking about it, I suspect that Damo was scheduled to do a cross to QTQ at that point in the bulletin, but may have run overtime on GTV/TCN? Would explain having to quickly cycle through the boxes and why the wrong camera was on Andrew.

6 Likes

9 Likes

“Don’t miss it” end board.

4 Likes

Nine News Queensland - “for more than just the Olympics”!

2 Likes

That’s an interesting promo. I understand the angle Nine Brisbane are coming from but the notion behind it (ie; all Seven News will cover for the next two weeks are the Olympics) just doesn’t make sense.

2 Likes
5 Likes

A bit premature with the celebrations when Nine News Sydney hasn’t yet won 21 weeks (and probably won’t until after the Olympics)?!

1 Like

9News is No.1 in Sydney: 11th consecutive year as Sydney’s most watched news

9NEWS has once again claimed annual ratings supremacy as Sydney’s most watched news.

Across the Monday to Friday 6.00pm hour, 9NEWS has won 21 weeks of the 40-week official ratings calendar, putting it in an unbeatable position.

At a time when Sydneysiders need to be informed, they turn to 9NEWS as their trusted news source.

The last four weeks have seen 9NEWS record its highest audience figures for the year:

• Week commencing June 28: average audience of 346,000
• Week commencing July 5: average audience of 370,000
• Week commencing July 12: average audience of 365,000
• Week commencing July 19: average audience of 358,000

It marks the 11th consecutive year that 9NEWS has claimed the ratings crown in Sydney and 11th consecutive win for much-loved and respected 9NEWS presenter Peter Overton.

Peter Overton said: “It is a privilege to be inside the homes of Sydneysiders every night, sharing the news with our viewers. At a time when we feel more isolated than ever before, the ability to connect is something we do not take for granted. We thank our viewers for all their support and for trusting us to bring them the news each night.”

Simon Hobbs, Director of Nine News Sydney, said: “Our News team is dedicated to bringing our audiences the best and most up-to-date news, and this win is a result of their absolute dedication, passion and relentless daily drive. In these challenging times, we know our audiences rely on us more than ever before and we will continue to deliver the high-quality, trusted news Sydneysiders want and need from 9News.”

4 Likes

11 Likes

Weather Warning - Michael Thomson’s yelling will cause winds of up to 100km/h, details first at five before it strikes at six

That poster makes Mon and Thommo look positively evil.

12 Likes