Brands, Products and Promotions

Good idea to use the Bega brand. Why didn’t they do that with the singles cheese instead of making it Dairylea?

The Singles were changed to Dairylea when it was still owned by Mondelez. Maybe Bega will add their brand to the package alongside Dairylea?

Japan’s Suntory Group has sold Cerebos’ food and instant coffee business to Kraft Heinz for $290 million. Brands like Gravox, Saxa, Fountain, Foster Clark’s and Asian Home Gourmet are included in the deal.

1 Like

It’ll be interesting to see what brands get eliminated as part of this deal. Could definitely see Fountain disappearing pretty quickly.

3 Likes

Nah, I reckon Foster Clark’s would be the first to go, as they’re only associated with custards (which themselves are an extremely old fashioned product and not in vogue these days).

I’d say their Asian Home Gourmet brand would be dumped, too. Looks like they were dropped from Woolies in 2012 and Coles some time after that (I can’t find exactly when, but their products aren’t on Coles’ site).

The Fountain, Saxa and Gravox brands have too much brand recognition to be dumped.

3 Likes

I could see them dropping the Tomato Sauce when they already have Heinz Big Red

but I wouldn’t think they’d drop the name on all those Variety Sauces like Hot Chilli, Satay, Sweet Chilli, Mint, Soy etc.

image image image image image

2 Likes

Yeah, but Kraft-Heinz already own brands which directly compete with their flagship brands like Watties and Eta.

There are still Watties branded tinned Baked Beans and Spaghetti available in supermarkets, and there’s also still Eta’s (fucking delicious) BBQ sauce too.

Why the hell did Kraft spin it’s Australian grocery business into Mondelez only to buy another one under the Kraft Name after Mondelez sold it’s one?

Mondelez only sold most of its Australian cheese, jams and peanut business (it is keeping Philadelphia cheese). The brands Kraft Heinz have bought from Suntory are in a different category.

I did and I don’t quite see the difference between it and normal Vegemite, except that some marketing type at the company has probably just earned his KPI for the year by finding a new way to get people to buy a product that’s been available for 90 years

Found this in the supermarket today. Thought it was going to taste good but the coffee flavour tasted fake.
I preferred the limited edition mint one they had out recently.

2 Likes

More than 20

Coca-Cola flavors you’ve probably never heard of

2 Likes

Kraft Heinz must think it is worth expanding the Kraft brand again. Kraft Singles cheese and Kraft Peanut Butter are coming back, and Kraft are taking legal action against Bega over the design of the peanut butter jars.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/food/kraft-takes-bega-to-court-over-classic-peanut-butter-standoff/news-story/d8ff9fa289cbd796fc1802310e228de2

1 Like

Murray Goulburn (which makes Devondale dairy products) will be sold to Canadian firm Saputo for $1.3 billion. Saputo bought Warrnambool Cheese and Butter last year.
http://www.theage.com.au/business/murray-goulburn-to-be-sold-to-canadas-saputo-for-13b-20171026-gz9aav.html

It’s sad that another dairy co-operative has gone overseas. Japan’s Kirin now owns Dairy Farmers and Farmers Union, which started as co-operatives in NSW and SA respectively.

Mount Franklin has just launched Sparkling Water with a hint of fruit flavours in cans. The flavours are Lime, Raspberry and Mango.

Previously only offered in bottles in Lemon and Lime (and in limited edition Berry or Lemon & Berry). This could be the future of soft drinks with customers turning off soft drinks which are full of sugar.

image image

5 Likes

Trying to replicate the success of LaCroix in the US I see!

Gelato Messina is getting into flavoured milk. A pop-up Milk Bar in World Square Sydney is selling them today.

The flavours are strawberry, malted vanilla, iced coffee, chocolate and salted caramel in an old-school milk bottle.

Are those foil caps?

What is?

A chain of gelato stores mainly located in Sydney, although there’s a couple in Melbourne & Queensland as well.