Brands, Products and Promotions

Again…

GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME

From that News Corp article:

Birell, which looks like any other beer, has been available in Australia for many years, right there on supermarket shelves beside the sparkling apple juice and non-alcoholic wine. These people complaining must live in a bubble

4 Likes

Also, don’t the supermarkets also sell some form of home brew kits for (presumably) non-alcoholic beer?

1 Like

When I worked at a supermarket and when anyone bought those Ultra Light Coopers, the age verification prompt would still come up on the POS screen.

1 Like

Those are alcoholic as well - I assume they just think no one underage is going to bother going to all the effort of brewing them.

I suppose on the same basis that you can buy a shittonne of grapes and make your own wine.

1 Like

Bega plans on bringing flavoured peanut butters within the next year or so, maybe end of this year.

It’s a bit hush, hush now. But I’m hoping for Chocolate Peanut Butter. Mixing Nutella and Peanut Butter is :raised_hands:t2:

That seems odd … though matches and lighters can also bring up an age verification screen.

Kraft has had chocolate peanut butter in the past, didn’t last more than 12 months on the shelves.

Woolworths sells these Chocolate flavoured nut spreads:

Contains just peanuts and cacoa powder.

Just Peanuts, Almonds, Cashews, Brazil Nuts, Dates, Cacao Powder (2.7%), Chia Seeds, Sesame Seeds, Natural Vanilla Flavour.

Plastic knives too. Vanilla essence also did at one point - not sure if it still does.

Lol, plastic knives. Every checkout person I’ve encountered let out a huge defeated sigh whenever I told them that it was probably the plastic knives that brought up the age verification thing at the register.

7 Likes

Yay! Hope the no sugar Vanilla Coke is as good as Pepsi Max with vanilla.

440ml can is a bit of an oddball.

2 Likes

good for those big ‘orses that are thirsty.

my top tip is always get the big ones, more value and not as sad when you finish them (well that’s just me after I finish the 440mL tin of beer)

Also pretty sure 440mL is standard UK can size for beer.

1 Like

Campbell Soups has put Arnott’s biscuits business and the rest of the international division up for sale. Campbell first became a shareholder of Arnott’s in the 1980s before taking full control of the business in 1997.

I hope Arnott’s can be split from the international business so it can return to Australian ownership, even better if descendants of the Arnott family regain control.

1 Like

Who says they want to buy it again? They might be happy not to.

One possible future owner is the Universal Robina conglomerate of the Philippines, who purchased Thins and Kettle chips owner Snack Brands Australia in 2016, and who also bought NZ biscuit company Griffin’s in 2014. Universal Robina has been slowly expanding overseas so another acquisition wouldn’t be a surprise.

Pepsi Max Raspberry is awesome. Gets my stamp of approval.

2 Likes