Brands, Products and Promotions

:nauseated_face: :face_vomiting:

1 Like

I’m pretty sure it’s all meant to be eaten separately and the biscuit is meant to be eaten as the dessert. Seems like you are meant to stack them though, stupid.

For the sausage and Jatz/Shapes biscuits you are meant to stack them and eat them together.

I saw these Cricket Corn Chips for the first time yesterday in IGA. Yes, made from actual crickets. :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Looks pure disgusting, especially from a person who doesn’t like any of the Primo/Arnotts biscuits. This has to be the worst so far. I hope we do not see “Ham Bites and Tasty Cheese with Tim Tams”. I highly doubt anyone will stack them together and eat it.

I highly doubt anyone will eat them except for people on a diet. I cannot see anyone who eats normal chips eating chips made out of crickets.

I swear I saw a video on Tik Tok of some Aussie kids taste testing those (maybe it was an ad ) but at the time thought it wasn’t a real thing that was for sale .

They’ve been saying for a long time that insects could become a replacement for meat in the future. Apparently thry are very high in protein.

1 Like

I wonder if they are Australian crickets .

It’s a bit blurry, but it says Australian Farmed Cricket Protein in the bottom right.

There’s a cricket farmer near Pinjarra in WA who sells a range of cricket products.

But they sell roasted whole crickets/mealworms and ground up crickets.

2 Likes

Is this true or not as we already have the name used for the other Wendy’s in Australia?

Won’t they have to use a different name , we can’t have the same name for both ?

1 Like

For quite a few years they operated in NZ with both Wendy’s. We even had them here at one point. Plus the full names don’t clash, Wendy’s Milk Bar and Wendy’s.

1 Like

Its interesting that they haven’t tried opening in the Australian market before.

1 Like

According to Wikipedia they did operate here between the 1970s and left in 1986 and nearly all the stores were converted into Hungry Jacks.

7 Likes

Just what we need. Another hamburger chain. Why can’t we have Olive Garden, O’Charley’s or more TGI Friday’s. I’d settle for a Sizzler reboot.

And will probably launch with the best parts of the menu missing and prices about 2x higher then what they should be.

I remember them being here but apart form some buzz when they first opened, they didn’t really create a stir with customers.

Yes, they call themselves Wendy’s Milk Bar. Not sure if they had the “Milk Bar” in the name when they traded alongside the other Wendy’s in the 80s.

This is a myth that they haven’t operated in Australia for that reason considering both operated at the same time in NZ for many years.

Why? One is Ice Cream / Milkshakes / Hotdogs, the other more standard fast food fare

When Wendy’s Milk Bar traded as Wendy’s Supa Sundaes.

Wendy's Supa Sundaes 1986-95

7 Likes

Wendy’s looks like some of the most unappetizing fast food, at least on the TV ads. The only worse offerings I can think of are Sonic and probably Taco Bell as well.

Shake Shack would be fantastic, Popeyes would be great too. I know Shake Shack is burgers, but they’re unlike anything (and way better) than the chain offerings at home.

1 Like

Popeyes’ chicken is really dry not very tasty. Much prefer Australian KFC to be honest.