Brands, Products and Promotions

And so many doughnut shops and chains have opened and shut their doors in the past few years. They seem to be a novelty that people only love for a short amount of time.

I love them. Unfortunately in Bendigo we don’t have a Krispy Kreme store so I try to get some each time I go to Melbourne. I will luckily be able to get some in 2 weeks at Melbourne Airport when I go to the Gold Coast.

Never understood the appeal of Krispy Kreme. Somebody I worked with trekked out to Penrith after the first store opened in Australia and brought back boxes. Took one bite and left it.

There’s a new donut store near my sister’s house at the Waterfront Shell Cove called Creamy Holes. They were sold out in the middle of the afternoon last time I walked by. I suspect the novelty will wear off quickly and the fad will pass. Hot tip: Don’t Google “Creamy Holes” on a work computer.

5 Likes

I liked to try them when they were new but once the novelty faded I found they were just fairly ordinary, but then I’m not a great donut eater.

I made one comment here and now I’m being bombarded by adverts for Peanut Butter and Jam Doughnuts. :face_vomiting:

1 Like

I don’t mind Krispy Kreme doughnuts when they’re fresh, but if they’ve been sitting in a cabinet at 7/11 for 14 hours they lose their lustre.

There’s a KK shop outside my Metro station in DC, I should see if there’s any difference between the US and Australian offerings.

Same for Krispy Kreme doughnuts which are sitting all day near the self serve checkouts at a Woolworths supermarket.

1 Like

There’s a Daniel’s Donuts in Mornington Central.

That’s the thing - if you can’t get them locally they’re a novelty and everyone wants them. Look at the plane trips to Perth from the east coast ~10 years ago. Hordes of people taking KK boxes on as hand luggage. Then, as soon as a local one opens, they end up having the same appeal as a service station sausage roll.

2 Likes

Daniel’s Donuts are great, much better than KK. I would even get a Mr Donut branded donut from servo or supermarket ahead of KK. Also, Daniels Donuts in Geelong has a drive thru (it is in a former Hungry Jack’s) so super convenient too

The McCafe Donuts are the best.

Is Daniel’s Donuts only in Victoria or the east coast?

Krispy Kreme original menu was better. Miss the old choc ones with the cream centre and the apple custard crumble. Anyway , original is the best when heated up, like the cookies and crème ones when refrigerated.

They seem to be always sold out end of the day at 7 Eleven and Woolworths where I live.

1 Like

Yes, only Victoria

1 Like

Pepsi Max Lemon is back. :lemon: Woo hoo!

7 Likes

Finally, something that is lime or lemon flavoured. Surprised it’s taken this long since it seems like a winning combo :lemon:

2 Likes

I bought a box of cans of it yesterday

1 Like

I had to shove that stuff out of the way to get to the bottles of Pepsi Max Vanilla. If this is the start of a phase out of Vanilla I’ll be writing an angry email and then discarding the draft!

My partner got me that lemon Pepsi Max last week, so good to have it back, would rather it stay as a regular item

1 Like

its something i will definitely be checking out when i’m in london in september. its been about 12 years since ive had timmys - the last time i was in canada