Brands, Products and Promotions

I can’t remember ever seeing that. Not a big fan of Caramel flavour but I thought I’d try it. It seemed too fake to me.

I prefer the Mint variety but it’s gone now. :cry:

1 Like

The mint was good.

I ate way too many of the orange ones when Coles seemed to be clearing excess stock and were selling them for 50c mid last year. I thought they must have been deleted at that point but they went back up to full price and are still being sold.

I remember buying a caramel one from a vending machine in a club (!) but don’t recall seeing them anywhere else.

1 Like

Yes, Orange was side by side with Caramel at Woolies yesterday.

Darrell Lea could become a bigger brand in Australia with new owners.

1 Like

Expanding the mainstream reach of the brand and selling many of their most popular products within major supermarkets has clearly paid off big. When they went bust they were running off a very old school system when it came to selling out of their own stores and in concessions at newsagents and pharmacies.

I don’t like either of these logos, they both mean nothing to me. Both should instantly identify what the product is, but they don’t, just OA and AO. Neither organisation has been known by an initialism, they have always been known by their full name.

At least Australian Open’s logo won’t get confused with Transport for NSW anymore. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I think you’re thinking of Tennis Australia’s logo, which hasn’t changed…

5 Likes

The latest lamb ad.

It’s not a bad ad but I think that it doesn’t cut through like previous Australia Day lamb ads, I think the overall percentage of Australians that identify with polarizing political views is relatively low.

2 Likes

I agree. It’s a quality production but my favourite is still the one from a couple of years ago.

I liked it, but did wonder how effectively it could be cut down to a 30 second spot

I saw the 30 second version first and it was a bit ordinary. The longer version has most of the clever lines and jokes.

1 Like

Food manufacturer SPC Ardmona has put the IXL jam brand and Taylor’s gourmet sauces up for sale.
http://www.weeklytimesnow.com.au/agribusiness/spc-spread-thin-jam-decline-blamed-for-ixl-selloff/news-story/4c94ba26e4c12d414ab495221ea4a78b?nk=1e91152b191f2eaba65124caa8cf6b56-1516701875

This isn’t news, I’ve been buying IXL for years.

10 Likes

Ad running today for Australia Day.

Lynx Australia. Choice, bro. :laughing:

So much for Lynx wanting to change their image.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/beauty/for-men/lynx-deodorant-is-repositioning-its-brand-with-launch-range-of-999-fragrances/news-story/8e1cade0b01a795a3fba7de823f9edf9

There’s no way they would be able to take the brand upmarket and compete with the big boys.

They should just know their place and try launching a completely different product to try and capture some of the upmarket customers.

1 Like

Oh wow, that Lynx Chocolate smell still lingers in my nostrils after being gassed with it in the change rooms at my high school.

Plus I think there’s a bit of an issue in that Lynx is a fragrance - perfume in a can. It doesn’t have any antiperspirant in it.

1 Like

From memory there’s a fragrance range (black cans) and a antiperspirant range with the same scents (white cans).

…which makes me wonder why the fragrance range is necessary.