Brands, Products and Promotions

I think Fanta might have a combo of stevia and sugar now too.

That’s bad

1 Like

I know Sprite is now 25% less sugar with Stevia

IT’S STILL GOOD!

(Inadvertently mixed my memes up here, don’t @ me)

1 Like

Hmm - I wonder why they’d do it with stevia, rather than just the generic numbered artificial sweeteners. I thought one of the problems with stevia, and the reason that Coke Life didn’t have 100% of the sugar replaced with stevia was that it noticeably tastes different to sugar?

I know that a lot of the UK drink makers are doing sugar reductions because of the sugar tax coming in over there - but I wonder what the main reason to do it here would be - especially as they don’t exactly promote the reduction.

Given how awful Spite Zero is, I’m surprised they could make a significant reduction in the sugar content of regular Sprite without many people noticing.

If people are drinking Sprite, they wouldn’t have tastebuds to begin with.

1 Like

What is this weird and different thread?

I’m kinda baffled by the ads right now promoting it as a lemon-lime drink - especially when the Solo Lemon-Lime exists and is the thing that I’d actually expect from a Lemon-Lime drink.

2 Likes

I’ve always thought of Sprite as Lemonade and never thought it tasted like Lemon or Lime.

2 Likes

Further developments in the Bega and Kraft saga involving Fonterra & Mondelez.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/lifestyle/food/fonterra-sues-bega-cheese-in-diary-war/news-story/90a04c5866d683bae9dde49c4bfbf0cd

News.com.au understands Bega’s plan is to continue its rebrand of former Kraft products to Bega products, including from Kraft Mac & Cheese to Bega Mac & Cheese. According to court papers, some Woolworths supermarkets have already been briefed on what to expect.

Which is an amazing scoop given that Bega branded Mac & Cheese is in my local Woolworths right now - and some of the old Kraft stock has stickers on it warning of the rebrand.

I’ve noticed Easy Mac is now Bega Mac. But I thought Kraft was keeping the regular Mac and Cheese? Or is that just the frozen version?

KraftHeinz only launched their Kraft branded frozen versions in the last 6 months, I don’t think they did under Mondelez ownership.

These things take time. I’m guessing that KraftHeinz needs to source a manufacturing plant to produce their version of Kraft favourites. Who knows…maybe import?

In America, ‘lemonade’ = what we call ‘lemon squash’ or ‘traditional lemonade’, basically the equivalent to Solo or Lift.

Here, ‘lemonade’ = clear liquid with non-distinct citrusy flavouring.

In America, our style of clear lemonade is always known as a lemon-lime beverage. 7up and Sprite are the same in that respect. So I guess they’re just using the American description of it.

1 Like

Thanks but I knew all that.

The fact is, if everyone knows lemonade in Australia as Schweppes Lemonade and that Sprite and 7Up are the same thing. You can’t just try to make people think they are something else now.

Especially when Scweppes Lemon Lime actually does taste like Lemon and Lime, as someone else mentioned.

1 Like

The latest Cadbury Twirl flavour out now is Caramel.

Previously we had Orange and Mint.
image image

Mint is still the best.

1 Like

new Coke.

2 Likes

So the regular Diet Coke design is changing again too? Although, the last design was hopeless because you can’t easily distinguish between the different varieties of cans or bottles in a shop fridge.

Seems like they keep changing designs every year now. And so many flavours? Sales must really be in trouble if this keeps happening.

1 Like

The more changes Coca Cola Amatil make to their existing product lineup the more desparate they look.

2 Likes

Violet Crumble is back in Australian ownership after Adelaide firm Robern Menz bought the brand from Nestle. Manufacturing will start in Robern Menz’s factory in September.

I believe it’s US only at this stage.

I’m pretty sure they’ve had a caramel one before - came out before the mint one a few years ago, but wasn’t widely released.

Edit: seems it was in 2013: Lolly Addict - Australian Confectionery Reviews: Cadbury Twirl Caramel Flavour Limited Edition