Bourke St - Suspected Terror Attack

Yes it is.

2 Likes

I’m that case statements like NewsKing’s “it is gut-wrenching and should never be acceptable” - which is exactly what I’m saying by the way - are off-limits.

For this thread yes. If you want to discuss the attack itself I’m sure there is a thread in the Extra sub forum.

Yes I’m sure there is. I’ll try and put the correct community-inclusive thoughts there.

Weekend Today, Saturday 10 November 2018.

1 Like

For better or worse comments are open 9n many Herald Sun articles regarding this. I noticed this comment on an article about the man killed.

Now one glaring problem is the person being referred to.was shot and killed by police at the scene. But not according to this bozo, The 66 suckers who liked the comment and countless other people who take his word that he’s out on parole when in fact he’s well and truly dead.

Fake news begins here.

Um no. Most people know the difference between a journalist and a random moron commenting on articles.

Most people know that comments should be moderated too.

3 Likes

Most people don’t just trust “moderators” to magically fact-check or approve everything that passes through their magical fingers.

2 Likes

Confirmed as Sisto Malaspina, part owner of the famous Pellegrini’s eatery in Melbourne. Very sad.

5pm News

1 Like

And so say half of the people who see that then tell someone “remember the Brighton seige? He’s already on parole, it was on the Herald Sun” . It’s poor form and I’d call out whoever the publisher was.

Hardly. You can’t police every thought or comment.

Actually they could, but if they don’t want the expense of moderation, carefully consider which articles will carry comments.

3 Likes

Police all the comments to extremes and they will lose interest from their readers and subscribers - who will feel a certain Gestapo tone to the comment section.

Well let’s face it, those people probably obtain their news and opinion from alternative sources anyway.

It’s not that hard really! I’m suggesting they’re not moderated in the slightest, just like you’re suggesting people understand the difference between a journo and a random moron. I’m sorry I don’t have the time to go check everyone who writes an article for the Herald Sun’s (purely this example) journalistic credentials.
It does highlight how the media can influence, positively or negatively is open to debate because it is opinion based, discourse on pretty much any topic these days.

7 News Adelaide this evening:

2 Likes

Any video of the opener or montage of the bulletin?

Also, does anybody have the opener and/or montage of coverage from Melbourne?