Blow Up

Surely any programmer would have seen that this was not going to work.

The only place you might try to give it a go is in November after the block has finished and summer has started early.

1 Like

The preview at the start of episode one shows singer Samantha Jade as a guest judge. Looking forward to that episode.

It was during one of the contestants’ intro videos, in which he “swallowed” a long balloon and then inserted his head inside a giant balloon, in front of other children.

1 Like

Did anyone notice any promos at all for Blow Up bumped to 7flix tonight and/or 7Plus? Wow! Even “Ultimate Tag” got some 7flix promos/push during Seven News and other channels on that Sunday a few years back. Seven seemingly actively not wanting viewers to watch anymore, like just on broadcast still for some make-goods/contact perhaps. @TV.Cynic

1 Like

I heard an ad for Blow Up yesterday on Sydney’s KIIS 1065 and it still said it would be on 7 and 7 plus Monday night at 7.30 when it was days before that they had announced it was getting moved to 7flix.

1 Like

I posted last night that there was a promo on 7. Must’ve been in the schedules forum.

1 Like

Blow Up’s audience didn’t follow it to a multi channel.

4 Likes

Noticed last night during Highway Patrol that one of Blow Up’s program partners (complete with themed billboard) aired during HP on the main channel, must’ve got free plays (make goods) during that hour, as well as 7flix.

1 Like

I saw a promo for 7flix’s screening of Blow Up on 7two Melbourne tonight, during Better Homes and Gardens.

2 Likes

I finally did as well tonight, on 7flix, during the movie Dream Horse (only watched the broadcast as unavailable on any streamer and after Seven’s first run it was also unavailable on 7Plus after airing - which was odd as Seven have digital/bvod rights to movies from Sony Pictures). Nice little picture BTW, Aussie Toni Collette too plus the always reliable Damian Lewis (currently in ITV/ BritBox’s Magpie Murders and formerly Homeland).

1 Like

The 90-minute grand final of Blow Up will be shown on 7flix on Tuesday, June 6 at 7.30pm.

Overall, this show only has eight episodes.

1 Like

Eight episodes too much.

4 Likes

Perfect show for streaming so it’s audience can watch it. Along with the glass blowing show and the other niche shows

1 Like

Caught up on Monday’s episode (episode 5) tonight. It featured guest judge, model Simone Holtznagel. The seven contestants each had to create a dress from balloons, to be worn by models on the catwalk. Then, the bottom three contestants had one hour to make a headpiece to be worn by the same models.

I think it was the best episode of the season, as both the dress and headpiece creations were both stunning.

Still watching? You’re a glutton for punishment. :joy:

2 Likes

Johnson has mentioned a few times over the years he only has free tv and doesn’t want to pay for any kind of subscription or streaming television so I guess he watches what he can and that is the reality tv that’s offered.

2 Likes

Also I am curious about balloon sculpturing and want to see the experts at work.

3 Likes

In tonight’s grand final, the three remaining contestants - Donna, Matt and Justin - each had 16 hours (plus two balloon helpers until 30 minutes remaining in building time) to construct a float from balloons. The floats would then be paraded in front of loved ones and friends of three finalists and the seven eliminated contestants.

Chris Adamo was joined by Vivid Sydney festival director Gill Minervini in judging the floats. Chris and Gill each gave the float a score out of ten, and the contestant with the highest combined score would become the Blow Up champion.

Here are the scores:
Donna (Christmas) - 16.5/20
Matt (pegasus with rainbow wings) - Gill 9.5/10, Chris 8.5/10, total 18/20
Justin (red angler fish, giant squid and treasure chest) - Chris 9.5/10, Gill 9/10, total 18.5/20

Justin is the Blow Up 2023 champion!

:thinking:

It’s good that all the viewers were able to get there on stage to celebrate with the winner.

6 Likes

The Blow Up final ranked 324th for the night. Must be some sort of record low for even a bumped reality show.

8 Likes