Blogging and Websites

When I uploaded a video about Amber Sherlock’s #jacketgate, there were a lot of nasty comments. So for that video I enable commenting and now restrict comments on any of my videos to be approved by me before their posted.

2 Likes

oh yeah, that was the video that was once in the top 20 ‘trending’ videos on YouTube (Australia).

1 Like

I remove sexist and offensive comments. There was one video with Samantha Armytage where I disabled comments because it was constantly getting sexist remarks.

Also, WIN once had a video of mine deleted because of some nasty comments directed at a presenter featured in the video.

3 Likes

I had to disable comments on a video regarding the newsflash about the death of Princess Dianna - not immediately, but at some stage it started to attract some disgusting comments. 911 videos also attract a lot of hate.

In a lot of 9/11 videos, you’ll see the same accounts pop up again and again in the comments section posting inane shit and unironically saying “jet fuel can’t melt steel beams”.

Obviously just delusional conspiracy nuts.

1 Like

wait, they exist?

Ye they’re out there.

I had a co-worker who spent his weekends on obscure forums relating to holocaust denial and false flag terror attacks by the American government.

Ironically he supported the Iraq War (dunno how that ever came up but).

Needless to say he didn’t last long.

By the way TV.Cynic your YouTube video on Molly Meldrum at the Logies is number 3 on the trending videos here in Australia.

1 Like

Yes - thanks, a friend pointed this out to me a couple of days ago when it was at number one. It was a surprise to me as I hadn’t known that that was a thing before with You Tube :slight_smile:

1 Like

Apologies for reviving an old thread, but I was wondering if I could please get some feedback on my forum. The site has been around since May, however it hasn’t experienced a lot of growth. I have tried advertising on Facebook (I have spent up to $30), several websites, my own Twitter profile and my YouTube channel, but it hasn’t really made any difference.

What are your thoughts on the forum and is there anything that you can suggest which may improve it? I don’t want it to be exactly like Media Spy. Ideally, I would like it to be unique in it’s own way and distinctive. That’s why I have made popular culture and current events two focuses for the website. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks (also, thanks to the members on here who already have an account on my forum. You know who you are). :slight_smile:

IMO, if I had $30, I would spend it on Web Hosting and install PHPBB.

Might join if it gets a lot of members.

2 Likes

But if I spent it on Web Hosting, wouldn’t I have to pay a subscription fee to keep the web address? Also, what is PHPBB?

PhpBB is forum software. From memory it’s free, but you would have to pay hosting and domain name costs.

1 Like

Ok, thanks for that. :slight_smile:

That could be an option sometime down the track, although I wouldn’t be able to do it at the moment (I wouldn’t be able to afford the hosting and domain costs).

snagged matlock

Looks promising but yeah, the forum software needs a redo.

4 Likes

Thanks for the feedback (and for creating an account). :slight_smile:

In regards to the forum software, are you referring to the layout of the forum itself or the platform it is hosted on?

Whole thing,

Best to use the ‘Metro’ theme for the time been.

Are there any Web Hosting platforms that you would recommend, in particular? I know Discourse is one and it could always be an option, but then my forum would have a very similar layout/design to Media Spy and I am looking to avoid that.

1 Like

i’l send you a PM on your site.

1 Like

Ok. Also, thanks for creating an account on it! :slight_smile:

1 Like