Blind Date

Umm, 7:30 Mondays guys :wink:

3 Likes

For those who are wondering, the voiceover guy is former Australian Idol co-host James Mathison.

He was introduced in the first episode.

Pretty sure there’s an earlier post about if also.

Seems Blind Date is out of the schedule with 4 episodes unaired at least.

Does anyone know the full name of Anthony who was contestant number 1 in this week’s episode?

Blind Date moves to Wednesday at 8:40pm

Two dating/love shows one after the other? I know Bachelorette finishes next week but still feels like sheer overkill.

3 Likes

What’s the point? If its rating around 300k in a 7:30 timeslot, it’s likely to fall into the 200-250k region at 8:40.

10 are obviously not confident in A Million Little Things. :confused:

Why spend so much time advertising it then?

I’d say they had plans to run this at 8:30 and pushed it back when they made the decision to move Blind Date there instead.

It was in the schedule for 8.30

2 Likes

It was never going to work as a family show. up the raunch it will get more views. I mean we have naked attraction in UK where they see the partners wang or snatch first thing. the bar is too low now.

Classy.

1 Like

I don’t think Ten should give up on it, a few format tweaks, new host next year and different promotional strategy and it could turn around.

Is spending all that money and effort worth it on this type of show though?

It could be a fun weekend show in an earlier timeslot, maybe cut it back to 30 mins on Saturday’s at 6pm or something.

It’s probsbly cheaper to rework the format than to invest in new shows because they ballsed it up the first time.

They’ve already built the set, which would’ve been one of the biggest costs. A cheaper host and plenty of sponsored content through all of the experiences the couples do.

I think when JMO goes rogue makes it better. I watched an ep the other night and that happened and it was much more entertaining.

I’ve watched a couple of the later episodes and they seem to be a much better contestant mix than the first with less scripted answers.

1 Like

Also did anyone else get the vibe from the promos before it aired they might actually have same sex episodes? Guess Ten see it as a family show.