Blind Date

Julia said they did but I assume none have aired yet.

1 Like

That was in their initial promos for the series, but yet to be seen on screen.

This is another local production on Ten I’m still watching too, which is interesting as I usually stay away from dating series. I’ve always liked Julia Morris as a personality too because she is so down to earth so I don’t mind her, BUT I can see if some viewers sometimes get turned off by her. I also agree with the earlier post about reusing the theme music too often, they need to expand the repertoire a bit.

I never thought they could produce a dating series without all of the dramatic fake crap almost all other series in this genre have. Well done Ten, you’ve got me watching something I never thought I would.

Looks like this won’t be returning. Last night they actually found a match that actually worked which was nice. Hope to hear about the couple’s progress in the season finale whenever that is.

Ratings-wise, last night was at least 50% down in total people on what really should have been achieved. Unsure on its demo performance.

It’s nice watching a dating series with real everyday people rather than the plastic people, idealistic crapola and fake drama on Yummy Mummies, Married At First Sight and, to a fair extent, The Bachelor (although The Bachelor has its place as one series, three series a year is overload), and the other junk that permeates the local schedules.

@Drew_1981, the end of program preview for next week suggested a guy and guy segment will air next week.

I caught a little of last nights show after The Bachelorette last night and didn’t mind some of it to be honest and think it’s gotten better since earlier eps. I think with some tweaks they should definitely try it again next year with a different host, timeslot and promotional strategy. One thing that did annoy me is the same theme that continually plays, they really need to mix that up a little.

2 Likes

So just change everything and hope the audience like it next time. :joy:

1 Like

I think the show is great! Funny, and differant. Everyday people looking for a root :joy::+1:

They wouldn’t be the first network to do that, the crux of the show stays the same with some tweaks.

Julia runs the risk of being overexposed and isn’t the right host for this IMO, if they persisted with her then it wouldn’t be the worst thing about it.

You can’t argue that the promotion for this show has been a little lacklustre as well, so definitely some improvements could be made there.

The show is trash but I did watch most of it last night off the back of The Bachelorette and thought it was OK for later night viewing. I think the change that needs to be made is getting to know the contestants a little bit better. The questions and stuff they talk about is so cheesy and people trying to be funny that it makes it almost a pointless and random choice. It won’t be back next year anyway.

2 Likes

First same sex date.

Brooklyn the newsreader from the Kyle and Jackie show was the “chooser” of the same-sex date.

It follows this

So Daily Fail gets it wrong again.

2 Likes

Amen.

1 Like

Haha it may be car crash TV in general but that tweet is actually referring to one of the dates last night where the girl was driving the car and crashed it.

More like crash and burn. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I actually caught that part of the episode, still relevant however :wink:

Lol, why bother :man_shrugging:t3:

3 Likes

If this abomination of a show gets a logie then Australian TV is definitely f**ked.

2 Likes

I kind of hope 10 do try this show again, but with a new host and tighter format.

Maybe it could air on 10 Peach as a 30 min show a couple of nights per week, with Courtney Act as host?

Build an audience there, sort of like Love Island and then look to move it to the main channel again if it can prove itself with decent overnight, demos & catch-up viewing numbers.

No thanks. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like