Blind Date

Julia Morris said on The Project tonight that she reckoned Casey Donovan would be on next week’s show.
The background music for the show has a hint of the theme from classic TV comedy Bewitched.

Well Casey is on the ads for the show.

Sounds like fake laughter has been added to this. And fake audience reactions.

Why do they keep doing this to these shows?

1 Like

Haven’t been watching (won’t be watching because of schoolwork) but what do people think?

Frustrating. Annoying. Fake.

Just like Game of Games?

Ten should be credited for having a go at new formats, but pretty much all of them are dreadful (Show Me the Movie, Game of Games, Blind Date, Cram).

2 Likes

The contestants are very confident; some would say arrogant

1 Like

I agree with the sentiments here, awfully orchestrated and fake. It reminds me of a parody from Fast Forward or something like that :grinning:

At the end of the show there was a recap of how the first couple went on their date plus a short interview with them. I wonder if tonight’s episode was the combination of first filming session and a bit of the second (for next week’s episode)?

Huh? Well, I’m quite sure they didn’t go on their date during the show and come back at the end.

That’s exactly what I was thinking.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

I was involved in some shooting at one of the locations for one of the dates, can confirm they’re filmed separately :wink:

1 Like

This show was awful. If it came to a choice I would much rather Take Me Out on Seven.

Ironic for a show who’s presenter who got one of her first big breaks on Australian TV in Full Frontal during the mid-90s! :wink:

The promo for tonight’s show is so cringeworthy. Julia asking a fireman whether he’s put an entire fire with his own hose. Is that the best bit of tonight’s show? :weary:

Do you even have to ask?

Tragic.

1 Like

The theme music is played too much on this show…they should mix it up with more music…its the same sting repeated through whole show.

I caught some of this before HYBPA last night and as much as I like Julia and thought the set looked quite impressive from the promos everything about this show is just wrong. It’s seriously cringworthy, which is a shame because it could have been so much better.