Binge

There was something mentioned a while ago about how Foxtel was going for the MGM deal that Stan had and if successful movies like the James Bond ones would be on Binge? Haven’t heard anything since.

FRIENDS: THE REUNION

SAME TIME AS THE WORLD PREMIERE, STREAMING MAY 27 FROM 5.02PM AEST

BINGE , home to the world’s best entertainment, will deliver one of the year’s most anticipated TV moments with the announcement that FRIENDS: THE REUNION will be available to stream express from the U.S. at 5.02pm AEST on Thursday 27 May.

Friends ” stars Jennifer Aniston, Courteney Cox, Lisa Kudrow, Matt LeBlanc, Matthew Perry, and David Schwimmer return to the iconic comedy’s original soundstage, Stage 24, on the Warner Bros. Studio lot in Burbank for a real-life unscripted celebration of the beloved show.

BINGE Executive Director Alison Hurbert-Burns said: “ Friends doesn’t need an introduction - it’s simply iconic. The show that delivered us Rachel, Joey, Monica, Chandler, Phoebe and Ross remains as popular today as it was when it aired.

“With fans holding out hope for a reunion for years, BINGE i s delighted to bring FRIENDS: THE REUNION to Australians and have it join all 10 seasons of Friends already available to stream on BINGE. I’ll be on the couch and joining the rest of Australia at 5pm next Thursday to watch along with the world.”

The one-off special will feature appearances from some of the world’s biggest stars including David Beckham, Justin Bieber, BTS, James Corden, Cindy Crawford, Cara Delevingne, Lady Gaga, Elliott Gould, Kit Harington, Larry Hankin, Mindy Kaling, Thomas Lennon, Christina Pickles, Tom Selleck, James Michael Tyler, Maggie Wheeler, Reese Witherspoon and Malala Yousafzai .

Ben Winston directed the special and executive produced along with Friends executive producers Kevin Bright, Marta Kauffman, and David Crane. The special hails from Warner Bros. Unscripted Television in association with Warner Horizon, Fulwell 73 Productions and Bright/Kauffman/Crane Productions. Aniston, Cox, Kudrow, LeBlanc, Perry, and Schwimmer executive produced the special. Emma Conway, James Longman and Stacey Thomas-Muir co-executive produced.

1 Like

sorry but fta is slowly dieing and streaming is the faverable option

Foxtel must have paid big bucks for the one-off special. I doubt it is part of its deal with HBO.

3 Likes

I think the Oprah interview a few months ago disagrees with you. FTA is still the best place to capitalise on viewers.

1 Like

i think you be wrong. binge is home to hbo max so what ever is on hbo max binge gets as well . and the freinds reunion was going to be on hbo max

Though there are a few programs on HBO Max that are not on Foxtel-Binge. Such as Made for Love and the forthcoming Station Eleven which Stan has the rights to in Australia.

I think you are wrong. As others pointed out, just because Foxtel has a deal with HBO Max there are exceptions to this and likely Friends would have been one of those which wasn’t included in the deal.

According to @blackbox on the ARR Show last night, this special was not part of any agreement, so any network could have picked it up. Would have been good for 10 IMO

4 Likes

Yeah I’m surprised they didn’t. But I have a feeling it might have been expensive

1 Like

Some reviews of the Friends Reunion

However, if you don’t have a standing order at Central Perk, you’ll probably want to skip the much-hyped, almost two-hour-long shindig that is way more filler than killer, to put it kindly.

To be clear, this special absolutely embraces the seductive flashbackery that viewers tend to seek from reboots, reimaginings, and revisitations of their favorite shows. We get to see the Friends watch old clips and bloopers from Friends , and do table reads of scenes from past Friends episodes, and discuss Friends with Corden while sitting in front of the fountain from the Friends opening credits. Friends: The Reunion is an extreme Friends zone.

1 Like

Will watch it when it eventually I’m only
Up to season 2.

1 Like

You’re only 27 years late to the party. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

*25. While Friends debuted in the US back in 1994, us Australians didn’t see it on our screens until 1996 in another chapter of the perennial battle between Seven and Nine! :wink:

@JBar you should’ve edited your post

Better then being 27 minutes late :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Season 2 of Breeders began streaming on Binge in March this year.

1 Like

A lot of these early to mid 90’s shows like Friends etc was too young to see them and ended up seeing them much later, I would have been 9 years old , probably not something a 9 year would watch .

3 Likes

The reunion was fantastic so I am not surprised.

2 Likes