Big Brother

I think the same but I still will watch it lol.

2 Likes

So essentially like MAFS.

Nova 100’s Chrissie, Sam and Browny held a BB viewing party at a Metricon display home at Brighton in Melbourne’s south east last night, attended by some of the housemates of this season.

175944222_265686888555918_8907561526403544315_n
(from Chrissie, Sam and Browny Instagram)

Not sure why but there’s currently a 7Plus channel which is (seemingly) streaming every episode of last year’s season back-to-back

Sonia describes 7Plus as “Big Brother’s other home”. There are some extras mentioned like housemate interviews, voting and unseen content.

More than 60 days in there, 90?, but being pre recorded I wonder how long the season will air on 7 for. I doubt it will be 1 day 1 episode.

I used to like the bit at the end when they showed them what had happened in the outside world after their time in the house. That doesn’t happen anymore and being pre recorded months ago would be a waste of time this was filmed 6 months ago !

I think last year they were on a three day cycle (Shopping Tasks, Noms Challenge/Noms, Eviction) with the odd “rest day” in between, with some “weeks” being a two day cycle, and towards the end a Covid enforced one day cycle IIRC. Last year they had 17 eviction episodes, 3 fake evictions and a final. I can’t see it being much different this year but we do know they’ll be later intruders on top of the original 20 housemates.

1 Like

The ads have said an eviction every episode so (?)

1 Like
1 Like

Blackbox were rather gushing about it last year (and with Seven giving them access to evictees, why wouldn’t they be?)

2 Likes

Wow, that’s a great review!

I looked on 7Plus seems the 20 episodes were around an hour long. The first few episodes were nearly 90mins then it seemed they must have run out of content it got shorter around just over an hour.

So despite this season being longer it will still be edited to 20 episodes again? So around 6 weeks?

Does no one miss the 3months we used to get even when it was on Nine?

Survivor is pre recorded but how long does it air for ?

1 Like

The last two seasons of Australian Survivor both went for nine weeks.

1 Like

Most of them already have large social media followings, almost like the bb producers went head hunting on Instagram to find the contestants.

1 Like

Not the shit that Ch9 served cold.

I miss the raw 2001-2004 Big Brother on Ch10.

4 Likes

It’s a shame so many of these people already have a public profile / are “influencers”. Defeats the point of the show, as if the weird Survivor-challenges didn’t already do that enough.

3 Likes

I remember as a teen seeing Krystal Forscutt in some soapy bath with a guy looking half drunk, those were the days lol.

3 Likes

I don’t see much difference between this season and last on Seven. There’s still not much chance for the viewer to engage with or feel any connection with housemates based on genuine conversations, because you see so little outside the heavily curated elements that go to make up each episode.

So far at the half way point of each regular episode the challenge occurs. Then follows the winner nominating then a scramble by those nominated followed by the vote and eviction. Prior to the challenge BB has various other events, secret tasks etc to fill up the episode. So there is still an absence of the contestants sitting around just chatting about things that aren’t related to game play. Who the housemates vote for still remains a big mystery (at least during the episode).

However, overall, there is still plenty to like about the show. It’s a matter of embracing the current format and accepting that the old style BB is dead on Seven. It’s a matter of how much better the show might have been.

4 Likes

It’s very lazy / cheap casting.

They clearly think head-hunting influencers is all the effort they need to put in.

2 Likes

The best people are sometimes those nobody knows.

All networks usually just go direct to the agencies.

The day’s of public auditions are over

1 Like