Big Brother

So Schapelle Corby can be on it as a VIP .

2 Likes

Schapelle would actually be great on BB we can actually get to see her speak candidly and perhaps relax around other people, as opposed to what we saw of her on SAS and what we’ll see on DWTS.

6 Likes
1 Like

We will see a “VIP” version, followed by a “Celebrity” version, and then an “All-Stars” version of Big Brother? And all with twists that “no one saw coming”…

3 Likes

How exciting!! 3 long, dragged out seasons of Big Brother in 2021. All of this before they could even see the ratings and reception for season 2. 7 is just trying anything at this point, they need to slow down. I hate seeing networks milk things like this.

2 Likes

So just to clear things up, which of these is happening this year?

1 season of normal BB, then another season of normal BB, then VIP BB

or

1 season of normal BB, then VIP BB

1 Like

I think it will be 1 season of normal BB, then VIP BB.

4 Likes

I remember reading somewhere they are doing 2 seasons of normal BB, and at the time, a potential ‘celeb’ BB. If the premiere of season 2 rates above 700k we will probably have 7 versions of BB next year

3 Likes

Seven stretching Big Brother as much as possible because all their other programs are complete flops.

3 Likes

Not sure if we can say that just yet.

I reckon Seven’s just lost for ideas for new formats. Probably one reason why Holey Moley was renewed and now they’re going for more Big Brother.

3 Likes

Angela in the house for the celeb series like Channel Ten did with Sara Marie both the stars of their first series

2 Likes

I actually think it is a good series to promote during the olympics.

2 Likes

Big Brother VIP set to launch in 2021

Big Brother’s game keeps getting bigger. The Seven Network today announced it has commissioned a special event series of the international mega-hit format – Big Brother VIP – which will debut on Australian screens later this year.

With the 2021 season of Big Brother set to kick off on Channel 7 and 7plus soon, today’s announcement underlines the success of the enduring and globally popular brand.

Big Brother VIP will be hosted by Sonia Kruger and feature some of Australia’s best-known celebrities, removed from the world they know and locked away in an all-new Big Brother house.

Sure to keep Australia guessing, the stars of Big Brother VIP will be announced soon. The series will be produced for Seven by Endemol Shine Australia.

Seven Network Programming Director, Angus Ross, said: “The new season of Big Brother looks fantastic. We can’t wait for Australia to meet this year’s amazing collection of housemates and to start discovering the many surprises and twists we have built into the show.

“With anticipation for the new season building, the time is right to commission Big Brother VIP. The celebrity format is a proven success around the world. It was a hit here in Australia almost two decades ago and we’re looking forward to introducing a whole new generation of celebrities to Big Brother. Let the game begin.”

Endemol Shine Australia CEO, Peter Newman, said: “We were thrilled to be able to bring the new Big Brother to life on the Seven Network last year.

“Across last year’s season and the upcoming 2021 season, over 40 everyday housemates have had a chance to play Big Brother’s game. We now welcome a host of celebrities to a brand-new house, seal them off from society and see who can survive the twists, turns and surprises that Big Brother has waiting inside. Who will win? Australia will decide.”

1 Like

What’s the difference between this and BB celebrity?

1 Like

I’m guessing they want to differentiate the brand from “I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here,” which is made by the same production company.

I remember a little while ago there was some talk of Seven potentially considering an All Stars season using Big Brother contestants from past seasons (as in 9 and 10s versions). I’m wondering if that’s why they’ve gone with this VIP angle - there might be a handful of former contestants in there (that aren’t exactly celebrities) mixed amongst some “celebrities”.

3 Likes

I’m a Celebrity is made by ITV Studios. BB is produced by Endemol Shine.

I thought the rumour was use past contestants from only Seven’s series

1 Like

Yeah so did i

I highly doubt that this will go to air in 2021. there are less than 16 ratings weeks after the olympics and 7 needs to get thru The Voice, Farmer wants a wife, SAS, AGT and some smaller shows like Mates on a mission and Monty. 7 never air any high value content in November, even if it is ready on time, i think 7 will hold it off for 2022.

1 Like