Big Brother

Sunday Herald Sun reports AFLW player Jess Trend would take part in the new season. Trend, who played as a midfielder for North Melbourne, was recruited by Fremantle during last year’s off-season, but was placed on the inactive list (according to Dockers website) “to pursue a private opportunity outside of football in the coming months that will impact her preparation for the 2021 NAB AFL Women’s season”. The private opportunity turns out to be BB.

Martha’s promo

So the coffee equivalent of Angie.

1 Like

They are replicating all the characters of last season it seems. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Why oh why couldn’t they have used the BB theme song in promos like this!!!

Hello Australia. Did you miss me?

In 2020, one of the world’s biggest entertainment formats returned to Australian screens with a bang. Big Brother was back with a new voice, new format and new house filled with a modern melting point of housemates. The much-talked-about season reached a total video audience of 1.385 million and smashed 7plus records.

This year, there’s more to Big Brother’s house than meets the eye in an unpredictable, addictive and thrilling new season. Expect wild and wicked surprises lurking above, below and behind every corner that will keep housemates on their toes and turn the game on its head.

In the first week, 20 housemates, aged between 21 and 65, will enter the Big Brother house where they’ll live together for more than 60 days, cut off from the outside world, with cameras and microphones recording their every move 24 hours a day.

These housemates think they know Big Brother but with new rules and massive twists in a house full of secrets, they’ll have to think on their feet and play the game hard if they want to make it to the end.

Big Brother’s hilariously fun House Tasks are back to shock, surprise, torture and delight the ambitious housemates as they try to secure desirable rewards.

Housemates will also compete in epic Nomination Challenges in The Basement and new challenge arena, The Yard, to win the power to nominate their fellow housemates for eviction.

There’ll be an eviction every episode in which housemates will individually vote to decide who will leave the house. Big Brother host Sonia Kruger will use these eviction ceremonies to interrogate the housemates about their strategies, motives and alliances, as well as unpack all the gossip and scandal from inside the house.

Ultimately, three housemates will be left standing and, in a live Grand Final television event, Australia will vote to determine who deserves to win Big Brother and the $250,000 prize.

Think you know Big Brother’s game? Think again.

There’s more than meets the eye.

Episode 1:

12 brand new housemates arrive, determined to beat Big Brother at his own game. As they get to know each other, they have to contend with Big Brother’s new house, new playground and new tricks ahead of an explosive first eviction.

3 Likes

You’re missing Brenton and I suspect one other

He is supposed to an intruder and isn’t listed in the media release.

1 Like

Looks like a bunch of tosspots and “social media” wankers.

Pass.

8 Likes

I think the same but I still will watch it lol.

2 Likes

So essentially like MAFS.

Nova 100’s Chrissie, Sam and Browny held a BB viewing party at a Metricon display home at Brighton in Melbourne’s south east last night, attended by some of the housemates of this season.

175944222_265686888555918_8907561526403544315_n
(from Chrissie, Sam and Browny Instagram)

Not sure why but there’s currently a 7Plus channel which is (seemingly) streaming every episode of last year’s season back-to-back

Sonia describes 7Plus as “Big Brother’s other home”. There are some extras mentioned like housemate interviews, voting and unseen content.

More than 60 days in there, 90?, but being pre recorded I wonder how long the season will air on 7 for. I doubt it will be 1 day 1 episode.

I used to like the bit at the end when they showed them what had happened in the outside world after their time in the house. That doesn’t happen anymore and being pre recorded months ago would be a waste of time this was filmed 6 months ago !

I think last year they were on a three day cycle (Shopping Tasks, Noms Challenge/Noms, Eviction) with the odd “rest day” in between, with some “weeks” being a two day cycle, and towards the end a Covid enforced one day cycle IIRC. Last year they had 17 eviction episodes, 3 fake evictions and a final. I can’t see it being much different this year but we do know they’ll be later intruders on top of the original 20 housemates.

1 Like

The ads have said an eviction every episode so (?)

1 Like
1 Like

Blackbox were rather gushing about it last year (and with Seven giving them access to evictees, why wouldn’t they be?)

2 Likes

Wow, that’s a great review!