Between Two Worlds

Or rags to riches?

No I still reckon its about a poor and rich family in a car accident and one of them gets an unborn baby or body part… Most likely the rich family

My understanding is filming has commended on this in Sydney (around St Ives) and a core storyline will centre around a heart transplant. Associated change, transformation and connection between the recipient and donors worlds will be a part of it. A former A Place to Call Home cast member is filming.

and I just saw a trailer for a new Netflix show with Uma Thurman with the same premise but I suspect a little darker lol

1 Like

Oh ok

But that’s a horror series about girl who receives a heart and starts having visions of the circumstances surrounding the death of her heart donor. Not quite the same idea at all.

Between Two Worlds

HERMIONE-NORRIS-MED-RES
Hermione Norris to star in new Seven Studios Drama
Thriller Drama Latest in Seven Studios’ Strategic Build on International Drive

Seven Studios (the content division of Seven West Media) has announced Between Two Worlds; a high concept thriller starring leading UK actor, Hermione Norris (Cold Feet, Spooks, Luther).

Filming has just started in Sydney on the intense and fast-paced new drama which is the latest in a long line of hits from Seven West Media’s rapidly expanding international production and distribution company, Seven Studios. The Group’s slate includes Casketeers, the runaway sensation obsdoc picked up by Netflix set in a Maori funeral home, created and produced out of Auckland, New Zealand by Seven West Media owned Great Southern TV, and A Place to Call Home, produced by Seven Studios Sydney for Foxtel.

This new commission continues to build on Seven Studios’ strategy of developing ambitious, international programs casting big name stars from Australia and across the globe, in a bid to not only continue to raise the game domestically but to create shows that will also prove to be big hits overseas.

This strategy is further bolstered by Damon Pattison taking up his new position of Creative Director of Seven Studios UK in March. Seven also recently announced its British production co-venture Slim Film + TV is to partner with The Alliance – formed by France Télévisions, ZDF Germany, and Italy’s RAI - to commission a new big-budget version of Around the World in 80 Days.

In Between Two Worlds, world renowned star, Norris, plays Cate Walford, whose relationship with vicious, business tycoon husband, Phillip, is on the ropes and sees a tempestuous home life trapped in a tangled web of lies and manipulation. Through a shocking twist of fate, this dark and murky world collides with the seemingly disparate and disconnected, warm and loving world of a widow and her footy star son and musical daughter. Destructive secrets are soon unearthed proving nothing is quite as it first might appear.

This bold, daring, emotionally gripping and unpredictable drama sees Norris join a quality ensemble cast including Philip Quast (Picnic at Hanging Rock, Hacksaw Ridge), Sara Wiseman (A Place to Call Home), Aaron Jeffery (Wentworth) and up-and-coming actors Tom Dalzell, Melanie Jarnson and Megan Hajjar.

Hermione Norris said: “I am always script-led in decision making and I found Bevan’s script full of well-drawn characters and a page turning narrative - it was a really entertaining read, and fun for me to consider something a little bit different. I think audiences will love the colour and vibrancy of this thrilling and complex narrative - many secrets to be revealed and rivalries to be exposed.”

Seven’s Director of Content Distribution and Rights Therese Hegarty said “We are thrilled that the quality of Bevan Lee’s work has enabled us to attract a world class cast and crew to this project. Seven Studios has a history of creating programs that engage global audiences and we will continue to build out a local and global strategy.”

Between Two Worlds is created and written by Bevan Lee (Place to Call Home), directed by Kriv Stenders, Lynn Hegarty, Caroline Bell-Booth, Beck Cole and Michael Hurst, executive producer is Julie McGauran, series producer is Chris Martin-Jones with co-producer Lesley Parker. The drama is a Seven Studios production for Seven Network.

1 Like

Another UK actor heading up an Aussie series. Why are they doing this lately?

Overseas sales.

1 Like

Cause Jessica Marais is busy?

1 Like

Hermione is a great actress seen her in many UK dramas.

I think Norris’ character is the Empire part and the widow and her children is the This is Us part.

I think you’re speculating but have no idea.

1 Like

Interview with Megan Hajjar who will star in the new drama (She was born Megan Smart but recently adopted her mother’s Lebanese maiden name):
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/confidential/megan-smart-changes-surname-to-mothers-maiden-name-in-hopes-of-scoring-diverse-roles/news-story/8caa4dab8f3d4cfef32ca973385f415d

1 Like

Megan Hajjar told today’s Herald Sun she just finished filming the drama.
Expect a promo pretty soon.

UPDATE 31/8: seems like the drama has been pushed back to early 2020.

UPDATE 8/10: the drama is 10 episodes and will be distributed outside Australia by Entertainment One (eOne) according to Television Business International.

UPDATE 23/10: first look at today’s Seven 2020 upfronts.

It’s story is easily better than secret brides, and having a last rich tycoon on his way down will always get people interested.

Does it? Hmmm. Always?

Seven director of programming Angus Ross tells TV Tonight the series will launch after the Tokyo Olympics, in August.

The sneak peek for this looked amazing! Really looking forward to this.

1 Like