beIN Sports

Its predecessor Setanta did show the odd cricket tour and Asia Cup.

Good to see cricket on beinsports. Could be a sign that they might go for rights to some Australian cricket tours.

2 Likes

It’s good to see BeIN expanding their sports portfolio to beyond football.

2 Likes

BeoutQ was accused of stealing content from BeIN and putting its own watermark on live sport to subscribers in Saudi Arabia.
1 Like

UPDATE 29/6: BeIN restored the Series A coverage on the weekend after signing a new deal with the league.

1 Like

It’s on Amazon Prime in the UK

1 Like

I’ve been waiting to be able to see some Amazon coverage. Will be using the VPN to have a peek.

1 Like

Does anyone know whether Bein Sports plan on adding more channels sometime in the future? They have the rights to a lot of sporting codes now and seamed to have created a lot of overflow for themselves.

Bein1 is used to air tennis with the network snatching the ATP Tour rights off ESPN starting this year. 3 channels isn’t enough. They’ve been airing the WTA Tour for a few years. ATP/WTA events outside Grand Slams/Australian Open are on beIN Sports.

Others are on BeIn Sports Connect.

1 Like

Last time i looked kayo subscribers don’t get access to BeIn Sports Connect unless there is some sort of work around to get access that i don’t know about.

You would think they would put the BeIn Sports Connect content on kayo

1 Like

No. You have to have a BeIn Connect subscription. Either through them directly, or through Fetch or Foxtel.

2 Likes

I don’t think Fetch customers get Bein Sports Connect either. They seem to have gone a bit cold on football, tennis always get priority these days and their programming is dreadful. They would rather repeat the same games or filler programs over and over again and leave other games played on the same day un shown. Something that has stopped me from moving to Kayo

2 Likes

This is exactly my point. They have bought the rights to so many competitions now they need to look at having more channels. It happens with ESPN as well. They also have an overflow streaming platform that is constantly flooded with US sport that never flits into two channels.

My point is unless they do something they will end up like ESPN. A Paytv channel/Streaming service hybrid.

1 Like

What’s wrong with that? It lets ESPN or whoever buy a ton of content and throw it all online for probably pennies of the cost it would be to run another TV channel or three.

Have you ever seen the complaints BeIN Sports gets on its FB page? Because they show the wrong football game or they show tennis instead of football or they have some random sport on that’s not football.

It doesn’t matter whether they use their online streaming or not people will always winge because whatever they wanted to watch should be on the mains channels and not on streaming.

2 Likes

I don’t think a little bit of whinging justifies the cost of another channel. 3 is plenty.

Foxtel has signed a new deal with BeIN Sports.

3 Likes

Good news but not so good for the fragmented steaming market

1 Like

Good news