beIN Sports

Sure, I actually think it’d work, just like how they now have Optus Sport after so long. But an agreement is not a fait accompli - they don’t even have 7plus on the iQ5, after all. I wouldn’t be surprised if Connect re-appears as an iQ app, but maybe not this year.

1 Like

To be honest I would be too and if it did happen there would be so many unhappy people. The whole thing just wouldn’t make sense.

1 Like

I get where you’re coming from there. I get that much of Foxtel’s “all in one place” branding sorta depends on… I guess, the almost-end-game of only having things Foxtel has the rights for directly for being given slots on the EPG, and everything else is via apps. (And then having deals to perhaps put some streams on the EPG that way, like they currently do with SBS On Demand if you don’t have an antenna, or for versions of SBS channels which don’t exist on Freeview like SBS1 or Viceland in SD.)

But as someone who is… old enough to be someone who still browses up and down and stuff - if they did that, they’d really lose their advantage of being able to lock people down into the iQs, when you could just get a smart TV and get Binge and Kayo (as many are doing) to go on that.

Of course none of that is really surprising and you can’t imagine Foxtel’s future beyond a few years being anything different from that, and thus the iQ 5 (and previous ideas like the former Foxtel Now box) is really only buying time for the inevitable. Kinda telling that looking at the (very delayed, to 2025) Optus 11 satellite, the key customer buying into that is Sky NZ, not Foxtel.

1 Like

Live Mallorca ATP Semi Final (Eubanks v Harris) on beIN Sports 2 and live Rothesay ATP Semi final (McDonald vs Cerundolo) on beIN Sports 1 fighting it out to be the last program to air on beIN Sports on Foxtel. Surprised they didn’t just flick the kill switch at midnight.

2 Likes

Well, it looks like they have on Kayo. All the channels are now gone and there is no Bein catch-up on there so no tennis whatsoever on Kayo now.

1 Like
2 Likes

Watching via app on iPad…no issues

3 Likes

App being Connect or Foxtel?

Most likely via the BEIN Sports Connect app as Foxtel GO removed the BEIN Sports streams as of yesterday

1 Like

Then there shouldn’t be any surprises as to the streams still working then.

Via the app. Need to get Chromecast to view it on TV from next season

1 Like

Or get a Fetch STB

3 Likes

Now departing NZ too…(different feed)

3 Likes

NZ has only one channel. Sky NZ has the EPL rights. Lots of content will be lost as well across the ditch

1 Like
2 Likes

3 year deal… Hmmm, we’ll see if it lasts 3 years…

1 Like

Why do you say that?

1 Like

Surprised, I assume they had first rights being incumbent, given Optus, Paramount, Stan would all have gone hard.

Multi territory rights with AU + NZ and working with ugh an existing partner with continuity may have been the deciding factor there.

3 Likes

Also, with Disney having closed its Fox Sports Asia network a couple of years ago to concentrate on its streaming service, BeIN is the remaining major sporting broadcaster in the region.

3 Likes