BBC

First look at BBC Morning Live’s new Manchester home

2 Likes

Great for more Zoom guests, moving stuff to Manchester is a joke.

1 Like

From 7 March EastEnders will air on BBC One at 7.30pm on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

Doctors will air in its usual slot at 1.45pm on BBC One but viewers will get another chance to catch the drama on BBC Two at 7pm on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

BBC One will relaunch on or just after April 1, according to TV Live Forum.

1 Like

not true. this Twitter user twitted it
https://twitter.com/cleanfeed_ttvr/status/1506598941583986695
and others on said forum agreed with said Twitter user

But it’s not April Fools Day yet.

1 Like

Loved that show. Was a lot like Frontline with the way they took the piss out of current affairs shows.

This and Twenty Twelve I can watch over and over…very clever tv

BBC’s annual plan 2022-23

From tomorrow morning, Oneness will (thankfully) be no more.
Let’s take a moment to remember what should never have been an ident package.

2 Likes

And the new idents are finally here. Much needed upgrade and better than Oneness. The new idents feature people too, but in a “multiple perspectives in a common place” idea and connected through the lens device used in presentation since October, which nods to the globe device they used for many years in idents. Reportedly, the idents were filmed in the South East of England region and were produced by Landor’s audiovisual division ManvsMachine (with input from both Wolff Olins and the BBC). Initially, there are 15 idents, each taking place in a different spot (a railway, a school gym, a forest, the street, and a hilltop) and three variants reflecting the time and mood (i.e., the railway hosting a skateboard exhibit, an art workshop or a rave).

4 Likes

I’m getting strong 1970s channel Seven ident vibes from that.

3 Likes

Hit BBC One series Pointless to welcome guest hosts as Richard Osman steps back from Daytime series

He will continue to host future series of Pointless Celebrities as well as hit BBC Two show, Richard Osman’s House of Games.

Pointless has been a joy from start to finish, working alongside my friend Alexander Armstrong, backed by the most wonderful team, and for the best viewers in the world. I will miss everyone so much, but I’m thrilled that I’ll still be presenting the celebrity shows. I can’t thank everyone enough for twelve amazing years.

— Richard Osman

Richard Osman is to step down from presenting the daytime series of Remarkable Entertainment (a Banijay UK company) production Pointless, the BBC has announced.

Richard, who has presented the show alongside Alexander Armstrong since 2009, is stepping back from the daytime series, but he will continue to host future series of Pointless Celebrities as well as hit BBC Two show, Richard Osman’s House of Games (a Remarkable Entertainment production) for Daytime and Early Peak.

In episodes to be broadcast later this year Alexander Armstrong will be joined by a roster of guest presenters. Details of these guest hosts will be confirmed at a later date.

Richard Osman says: “Pointless has been a joy from start to finish, working alongside my friend Alexander Armstrong, backed by the most wonderful team, and for the best viewers in the world. I will miss everyone so much, but I’m thrilled that I’ll still be presenting the celebrity shows. I can’t thank everyone enough for twelve amazing years.”

Alexander Armstrong adds: “Daytime television’s loss is international best-selling crime fiction’s gain. I say that like it’s a consolation - I’m going to miss the big man next to me Monday to Friday. But at least I still get him at weekends - and weekdays if you’re watching on Challenge.”

Tamara Gilder, Creative Director for Remarkable Entertainment, says: “Richard is a huge part of Pointless and his contribution to the show’s success is immeasurable. We’ll be sad to not have him as part of the daytime series, but we are very glad that he’ll still be part of the Pointless family, presenting our celebrity specials, as well as continuing to host House of Games.”

Carla-Maria Lawson, Head of Daytime and Early Peak, adds: “Whilst we will miss his wonderful wit and charm on the Daytime series, we’re delighted that Richard will continue ribbing and riffing with celebrities in the evening schedules as well as continuing to helm the brilliant Richard Osman’s House of Games for BBC Two.”

Series 26 of Pointless, which broadcast in January, had a peak audience of 2.8m viewers, and is BBC One’s No.1 highest rating daytime quiz and game show in 2021 and 2022.

2 Likes
3 Likes