BBC News/World News

It’s a big story so of course it’s going to lead the news. Don’t forget the “world news” channel also serves British expats.

Though I must admit I am sick of seeing his name everywhere!

1 Like

oh no, the new “design language” is spreading Focus on Africa : promo - Coming soon from Nairobi - YouTube

2 Likes

Rumours broke today of plans to potentially move the One O’Clock News up to Manchester (which is where Breakfast already comes from):

1 Like

How long has BBC Breakfast come from Manchester? Always thought it was based out of London.

1 Like

It moved to Manchester in 2012.

3 Likes

oh my God WHY

Music has a nice African tribal touch though :joy:

4 Likes

nothing says relaunch like using the old Gill Sans logo on the promo ad :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

This isn’t too bad. At least this intro has a bit of substance to it. The News Now intro is the worst of the bunch.

5 Likes

Along the lines of Breakfast, here’s a sneak peek of the new set and graphics, courtesy of Jonny Freeman:

Looks very Radio Ulster/Foyle to me, especially with its abstract shapes, vibrant colours and glowing effects:

Wonder how it’d be seen on air - much more exciting than the NC/WN frankenstein already, and it’s just a leaked still!

1 Like

that already looks pretty good, and I reckon the new titles may look good as well, which will be a nice change to what we were served on the NC

2 Likes

4 Likes

Don’t know if this might be better posted elsewhere (mods please move as you see fit) but one of the people who died in the Wellington hostel fire last month was Liam Hockings, brother of BBC World News presenter Lucy Hockings.

2 Likes

Indeed - very sad.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Aren’t they still being paid? If they were not being paid, then I could understand…

2 Likes

It means they are limited with work opportunities. No everyone wants to be stuck at home and not know if they have a future at the BBC or not.

1 Like

Exactly, sitting at home on gardening leave sounds nice for a while, but they might wanna go work for Sky or GB, and the longer they’re off air the easier they are to forget.

3 Likes

To paint this as being “because they are women” is appalling in itself. If they were men they would also be out of work still.

Is very strange they are hiring freelancers and acting-up reporters when they have presenters on the bench? Unless they get paid more if they actually work (appearance fee) although that would be unlikely.

2 Likes

Still cannot see the equation of this situation with “appalling treatment” when still drawing money from the company. Depending on their contracts, they may or may not be able to cease their employment (notice period most likely required) and try the free market if they are so appalled.

2 Likes

It’s a waste of public money. These presenters are still drawing a full salary, paid for by the license fee, which all Brits who own a TV are required to pay. Yet the BBC has chosen to pay even more money to have a load of casuals do these fill in shifts instead. Common sense would surely dictate that the five presenters on the bench could do these shifts. It sounds like there is some aversion to putting on air anyone associated with the old news channel.

1 Like