Australia's Got Talent

Is there a media kit

You want to know all the artists and their acts before they air?

I don’t think they’ll do a media kit. Won’t that ruin the show?

1 Like

Nice intro!

1 Like

Good first episode, the new judging panel is a solid mix.

2 Likes

Agreed. I really enjoyed it tonight. It’s a great format.

1 Like

Seems like the talent got better as the ep went on, I wonder how many people tuned out early? That poodle act at the start got a lot of air time but was not very impressive.

Judges were meh, not much chemistry so far, but at least they weren’t the main focus like on The Voice. The talent was the focus.

I wonder if the chemistry could’ve potentially been better if they had Neil Patrick Harris instead of David Walliams. The latter is too similar to Shane Jacobson and it makes the dynamic feel same same.

Tears to triumph

David Walliams gives Aussie gold on AGT

AGT returned to Channel 7 and 7plus in electrifying form tonight as a new era of show-stopping talent showed off their skills on the world’s biggest stage.

Setting the tone for a stunning series, megastar judges David Walliams, Kate Ritchie, Alesha Dixon and Shane Jacobson were mesmerised by standing ovations, shocking acts, moving moments and a Golden Buzzer-worthy audition.

The breath-taking AGT talent – including dancing dogs, balancing brothers, tiny tutus, contortionists, comedians, aerial acrobats and an opera singer – all stunned with their unique acts.

But it was the courage of 16-year-old Breanna Lee that captivated the judges. After a false start covering Cyndi Lauper’s True Colours, Breanna fought through tears to deliver an unforgettable performance, earning the teen David Walliams’ Golden Buzzer and a fast-tracked place in the Semi-Finals.

David said: “You are so brave, it was such a beautiful performance. I was so impressed the way you got back on that horse, it was incredible.”

Breanna said: “I want to show other Indigenous kids that they can put their culture into language and make their elders proud.”

From tears to fears, India’s most dangerous stunt crew act, Bir Khalsa, left jaws on the floor in their audition. Involving a blindfold, hacksaw, coconuts and an axe, it was an act that had to be seen to be believed. Receiving a standing ovation for their incredible feat, Alesha proclaimed: “I’ve worked on Got Talent for 10 years and that’s the most terrified I have ever been.”

David (sans shirt) joined the incredible international hand-to-hand balancing act, Messoudi Brothers, as the buff trio showed their stunning skills. Kate declared their act: “highly entertaining and exactly what we came here to see.”

Loretta, 65, and her dancing dogs delighted the judges with their adorable tricks, with Shane saying: “I loved it from start to finish!”

See tonight’s incredible highlights here:

Breanna Lee’s stunning performance earns Golden Buzzer from David Walliams

India’s most dangerous stunt crew Bir Khalsa terrify AGT judges

Loretta and her dancing poodles delight on AGT stage

Monday night on AGT: The auditions continue as an incredible triumph of strength and vulnerability leaves AGT’s judges in awe.

Great first episode

1 Like

Good to see international acts on this season

645k metro for 1st ep. Not too bad

2 Likes

How SBS reports on Brenna Lee performing True Colours in the Wemba Wemba language.

2 Likes

:clap::clap::clap:
Good to see something doing okay against The Block. Let’s hope this continues.

2 Likes

High-flying auditions inspire shock and awe

Comedy gold as a star is born on AGT

Powerhouse performers stunned on the world’s biggest stage, as AGT’s incredible auditions continued tonight on Channel 7 and 7plus.

Judges David Walliams, Kate Ritchie, Alesha Dixon and Shane Jacobson were left astounded as another Golden Buzzer-worthy audition took a risk on the AGT stage.

From a comedy star in the making to a ride on the wheel of death, tonight’s auditions ranged from outrageous to courageous, and from graceful to gross.

A powerful performance from Ukrainian aerialist Oleg received a standing ovation and four yeses from the judges. The former dancer – now based in Spain with his mum and sister who fled the war in Ukraine – shared his heartache for his homeland and family, including his father who was left behind.

Kate called Oleg’s audition “spectacular”, while Alesha said: “That was like watching a piece of art. The strength, the grace. It was really poetic, I’ve never seen anything quite like that.”

Emo Majok’s edgy comedy routine left the judges in awe, with Shane awarding the Perth-based 33-year-old a Golden Buzzer and a place in the Semi-Final.

Emo said: “I am auditioning for AGT because representation is everything. I want young Sudanese youths to see that dreams can come true, I’m chasing mine.”

Shane said: “Every now and then there’s those moments, and they happen on shows like this, where you see someone and you go how do we not know about this person? We do now!”

Alesha said: “You took my breath away. The best thing for me about comedy is when you are unafraid to be so on the edge that it makes people so uncomfortable, that we can find humour in the things that we find difficult to discuss.” David added: “Comedy just flows through you like water, you’ve got this wonderful gift.”

The judges held their breath as 65-year-old American Dan Meyer took a sword with a 24-inch blade and declared: “I’m going to stick it down under where the sun don’t shine. This is extremely dangerous, it could kill me.” Turning the fear factor even higher, Dan invited Kate to pull a car axle from his stomach, and left the judges in awe by pulling a car on stage via a sword in his mouth.

David called Dan’s audition “wildly entertaining”, with Kate adding that he was a “great showman”.

Singer Lucy Williamson, who has performed on London’s West End, bravely took to AGT’s stage to share her courageous story of domestic abuse. Her performance of Somewhere over the rainbow had the judges in tears.

Shane said: “You were born to do that. Welcome back.” David said: “It was just extraordinary, I am still shaking a little bit from that performance.”

Alesha added: “Thank you so much Lucy for being so vulnerable and sharing your story, this moment now is the beginning of the rest of your life.”

Ukrainian aerialist Oleg’s powerful AGT audition
A star is born as Emo Majok’s edgy comedy routine earns a Golden Buzzer and spot in the Semi-Final

Sword swallower Dan Meyer shocks AGT judges

1 Like

Ep 2 dropped by 160k to 485k. Not unexpected but I think it being below 500k is a worry for 7?

The Block dropped by 128k compared to last Monday & 148k compared to Sunday. So Maybe it was just a low viewership type of night?

1 Like

The previous Monday was a special reveal episode because of the NRL final on Sunday; The Block has been getting in the 700ks on a Monday. Not a good demo number fro AGT.

The Monday episodes always did worse than the Sunday ones even back in 2019. It’s not unexpected but I also don’t expect a huge BVOD catchup number either because it’s not the kind of the show that tends to be watched after airing.

1 Like

Daredevil debut on AGT

World-first television wows judges

Astounding acrobats, soulful singing and a distinctive dancer captivated judges David Walliams, Kate Ritchie, Alesha Dixon and Shane Jacobson in tonight’s instalment of AGT on Channel 7 and 7plus.

Tanzanian acrobats, the Ramadhani brothers, took to the AGT stage and walked away with a coveted Golden Buzzer from Kate as well as a fast-tracked place in the Semi-Finals.

Their electrifying display of strength and balance kept the judges on the edge of their seats with Kate saying: “I can’t even string a sentence together because I’ve never seen anything like it ever in my life. That was just absolutely incredible to the point I almost want to cry.”

David added: “Tonight a legend was born in this act with these two amazing performers.”

When a dancing pole showed up on the stage, the judges didn’t expect to see Allan Reinikka: a 61-year-old male pole dancer. Breaking the norms, Allan said: “Doesn’t matter how old you are, get out and have a go, you will surprise yourself and everybody else with what you can do.”

The exuberant performance ended in four yeses, but not before David stripped off his pants and joined Allan on stage for a spin on the pole.

A melodious performance of Alesha Keys’ If I Ain’t Got You by 11-year-old Sienna Kaitlyn, featuring her dad on guitar, received a standing ovation from the judges and four yeses as Kate called her audition “beautiful” while Shane declared: “You were made to do this.”

The Chris O’Brien Lifehouse Choir, featuring Benita Collings from Playschool, performed a moving performance of The Beatles classic Let It Be and left Alesha and Ricki-Lee in tears.

Alesha said: “There was so much healing it in. For me this is more than an act, this is a movement.”

Ramadhani brothers’ thrilling acrobatic act earns a Golden Buzzer from Kate Ritchie

61-year-old Allan Reinikka stuns the judges and teaches David Walliams some pole dance moves

Sienna Kaitlyn’s incredible AGT audition

Monday night on AGT: The auditions continue as one death defying act attempts to break his own world record.

I do like this season of AGT with talent from overseas performing

Because Australia doesn’t have any talent?

1 Like