Australian Survivor

Does anyone know when the All Stars season started filming?

I think itā€™s about halfway. Thereā€™s been at least 10 boots so far

1 Like

So about 2-3 weeks. Does that mean Dave could still be in there. I know he has been posting on insta but it hasnā€™t been anything of him.

I think he still could be there. I havenā€™t seen any talk of evidence of him voted off. You can tell the ones who have people posting on their socials as opposed to themselves. One stupid contestant posted a photo of them on insta about a week ago and people saying that would be around the 7th-9th boot. I just canā€™t believe how many boot spoilers have leaked for this season. People will pretty much work out all the pre-merge boots pre-season

1 Like

I think Survivor All Stars will be paired with Bachelor in Paradise in 2020, if the latter is renewed. Similar to this year, Survivor will be on Sunday-Tuesday with BIP on Wednesday and Thursday nights. However, since Have You Been Paying Attention? is not scheduled to start until May, I think the Monday episode of Survivor will be extended to 90 minutes, with reward and immunity challenges.

Hmm? Heā€™s still a bit fat so wouldnā€™t be that bad on him but how would any of this seasons do going into another one straight off the back of this therefore doubling their time in ā€œthe jungleā€ Surely thatā€™s not good for the body/mind.

It has been but I donā€™t think that will happen. Bachelor in paradise against Married would be an awful mistake.

Luke shut down the GoFundMe donation page today after total donations reached $550,460. He said he would donate $50,000 to charity.
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/confidential/survivors-luke-toki-closes-gofundme-page-after-raising-550k/news-story/e157654a2c6956b21fffa1a6b233e1e9

Organiser Dave Skow posted this message this afternoon:

Well what a ride this has been!

A million thanks to everyone who has donated and taken the time to send what has been thousands upon thousands of messages of love and support.

As we reach $550,000, the decision has been made to close the donations on the Go Fund Page. Luke & Mary have decided that anything over what would have been Lukeā€™s prize money on Survivor ($500,000) will be given back to the community (exact details yet to be confirmed).

The Tokiā€™s will also be posting a video for all of the fans and contributors which will be updated to the GFM page - keep an eye out for that.

The past 60 hours since the fundraising page was created has been mind blowing and has surpassed everyoneā€™s wildest expectations, but collectively we have been able to do an incredible thing for an incredible family.

Australia, give yourself a pat on the back. We done good

Two seasons of Australian Survivor in 2020. Iā€™m excited to see how this turns out for 10, will be interesting to see whether ratings hold up or not.

5 (maybe six with NZ) seasons for international Survivor fans, great news to wake up to.

McGarvey said in her interview with news.com.au that they wonā€™t be announcing the theme for the second series until after All Stars airs, but regular people could apply.

First 8 All-Stars revealed:
Brooke (2016), Flick (2016), Nick (2016), Phoebe (2016), Henry (2017), Tarzan (2017), Mat R (2018), David (2019)

2 Likes

If there is a theme in 2020, I think it will be Brains vs. Brawn vs. Beauty

If past history has taught us anything, having 2 seasons of Australian Survivor will only hurt the show in the long-term

2 Likes

If you noticed that one of your absolute faves, the King of the Jungle, was missing from that list, weā€™re here to comfort you with the news that Luke Toki will be playing along from home and will be hosting an online show we can watch after ā€˜All-Starsā€™ airs for his very important commentary.

https://10daily.com.au/entertainment/tv/a191009zdcvr/talk-about-a-blindside-the-first-survivor-all-stars-cast-have-been-announced-20191009

2 Likes

I hope you are right I think that would be a good theme.

If they are to do a second special series the following year. Which I am not a fan of doing 2 seasons of survivor a year - but obvisouly is something ten will do. But I think it should be blood vs water in 2021.

1 Like

As far as themes go, Blood vs. Water and BBB are the standouts. Themes based on gender, ethnicity, occupation or age wonā€™t sell themselves.

Iā€™d love to see a change of location every now and then. Africa? Palawan? Okinawa? Cook Islands? Tonga? Vanuatu? Nicaragua?

1 Like

Maybe, Dumb and Dumber.

Got to apply for that season Jbar!

Overqualified. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Agree. Our seasons are too long as well to suffice 2 seasons in a year. I think the show might struggle up against MAFS next year and then lose momentum by the time the second season comes around.

I just canā€™t believe that complete boot lists for All Stars have leaked (at least up until the first couple of jury members). They are accurate too based on the timing of filming and people re-appearing on social media. One contestant even posted on Instagram about having to leave at one point due to a death in the family. 10 legit make zero effort to hide spoilers and once itā€™s filmed all we will need to do is look at Sportsbet to know who wins.

1 Like