Australian Survivor

Yes.

1 Like

Wow that 9-0 jury vote. Baden really failed to sell himself.

1 Like

Sure was and they said “early 2020”. So there’s 10s first piece of their Q1 strategy. They will need a lot more to repair the damage of their low rating opening to this year.

I think this is a good move. Something completely different to Married and MKR (assuming that it will air in that position). No doubt it won’t rate as well as this season but if it manages between 600-700k most nights that is a win for 10.

1 Like

Here it is.
https://twitter.com/Survivor_AU/status/1173919143650676736

1 Like

Please bring back Benji!

1 Like

And please make sure there will be a reunion at the final episode!

2 Likes

I am also intrigued to know if there are any contestants from nines and sevens versions of the show…

1 Like

Baden will be on Melbourne community radio station Southern FM (88.3 FM) at 6.40am tomorrow (Wednesday) to talk about the finale.

2 Likes

Yes ten would’ve had a very good night if they had a reunion special instead of the upteenth repeat of ncis.

3 Likes

I wonder what this means for I’m a celebrity as the opening show of 2020. Might be axed given it only really did well the first week. Soon as the other networks wheeled out their main programming it tanked.

Pia completely owned that FTC. That was amazing. Baden’s performance was pathetic. Rather than trying to claim moves that he never made, he should have done a Kristie and played up the socially awkwardness more and how much growth he had rather than claim crap.

It started filming around 3 weeks ago. The cast has leaked and so have the pre-merge boots (because it’s currently filming and as soon as people are voted out they are back in Aus or on social media). 10 make no efforts to hide spoilers. Such as how Pia was the Sportsbet favourite since episode 1…

I personally think it’s way too soon for an All Stars and airing another season within a few months is risky. It means 1/4 of players are back. I barely even remember many notable players from the first 2 seasons. I guess it’s worth a go against MAFS but is at risk of the show losing momentum.

It appeared in a promo tonight.

I wonder if 10 will try to take some of Nine’s Married audience, same audience/demographics?

In a similar (but obviously different) tactic to Seven’s Spartan deflating the interest in Ninja.

It’ll be refreshing to have a change at the start of the year, yet I hope ■■■■■■■■ isn’t affected too much

Australian Survivor: All Stars.

Coming In 2020.

Following the huge success of Australian Survivor: Champions V Contenders , Network 10 is set to Outwit, Outplay, Outlast once again when the game’s ultimate players make their comeback on Australian Survivor: All Stars in 2020.

From fan favourites to devious villains, most loved heroes and everyone in-between, Australian Survivor: All Stars will feature 24 of the biggest game players, back for redemption, reward and revenge.

Network 10 Chief Content Officer, Beverley McGarvey, said: “Over the past four sensational seasons of Australian Survivor , we have watched almost 100 fantastic contestants play the game. Now with the next All Stars season, we have the exciting opportunity to invite some of our most memorable players back for another chance to take home the title of Sole Survivor.

“Australian viewers have embraced the game play, the physical challenges, and the passionate characters that makes Survivor so unique and compelling. We can’t wait to return in 2020 with more twists and turns from the All Stars cast.”

This year’s hit season of Australian Survivor: Champions V Contenders broke audience records across all platforms – TV, online and social – making this season the biggest ever. Its TV audience (841,000) is up seven per cent year on year and its 10 Play broadcast video on-demand audience (81,000) is up 35% year on year.

Endemol Shine Australia CEO, Carl Fennessy, said: “We are immensely proud that Australian Survivor has resonated with viewers and really hit its stride. We look forward to bringing together a phenomenal All Star cast to play this incredible game.”

Australian Survivor is hosted by Jonathan LaPaglia and is produced for Network 10 by Endemol Shine Australia.

1 Like

So Lochie is in All Stars? I really hope the rubix cube champion is also in it!

Pia did very well at the final tribal council convincing the jury for vote for her, and it showed in the final vote: 9-0! I was worried she would miss out a spot in the final two when she dropped out of the final immunity challenge after a record 6 hours and 40 minutes.
While most people on social media were happy with Pia winning, some felt the final two (Pia and Baden) were underwhelming, and some blamed the producers for leaking the result (as demonstrated by Pia being placed by Sportsbet after episode 2 as a hot favourite to win, at the odds of $1.70).

1 Like

I still have the first 10 season as the one I enjoyed the most, including it’s final couple of episodes lead by Kristie’s astonishing leap to the finish and her plot twist ‘how she did it’ pitch (even her pleas during that final gruelling challenge). Followed by a close battle between this and the second. Last year’s was my least favourite (although that was contrary to most people). It’s been my favourite show just about since it came back. I hope this “All Stars” doesn’t have an adverse effect.