Australian Survivor

You get the point. Too much of a good thing is still pretty bad.

That’s what I’m saying.

Applications are now open for season 6 (or the second season of Champions v Contenders format).

Applications have been open since October 10, first crew arrives next month for filming in early April.

2 Likes

Keep your fingers crossed for me

Yes, extremely old news - Ten have been running short on-air calls for applications for months.

Fingers crossed for both you and jens to be selected for the show. :grinning:

Topics might stay open for a couple of days.

Found this inside the back page of today’s Herald Sun.

WHICH former AFLW player who dabbles in the media is set to be a part of this year’s celebrity Australian Survivor? We hear she may be joined by an Olympic gold medallist with a political background.

Who could they be?

Daisy Pearce and Nova Peris maybe?

Edit: Pearce has just had twins and Peris seems to be somewhat active in the media. Kind of sick of these quasi-celebrities on Aus Survivor.

Wouldn’t say it’s an exclusive if others have said it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I wonder how Ten feel when all these leaks keep happening? Or is it part of the publicity?

They are boring leaks though. It looks like the exact same type of casting as last season… an AFLW star and an Olympian. How unoriginal.

I think the show is going to take a hit this season. Going with the exact same theme is just boring. We have enough Celebrity style shows on TV.

2 Likes

I agree. Last season was great but keep doing what Survivor does great and change it up.

Currently rewatching Champions vs Contenders, and only now realised how bad the editing is compared to US Survivor (although still a mile ahead of most other Australian reality shows).

From all accounts the Aus Survivor cast will be very much the same in 2019, a couple of ex-footy players, experts in their field, etc.

Ratings will probably be similar but I hope things go back to normal in 2020 and we get a solid cast of people who aren’t decorated athletes without the CvC gimmick.

Former Brisbane Lions star Simon Black is the latest ex-footy player linked to the new season of Australian Survivor. Herald Sun reports the 2002 Brownlow Medallist and triple AFL premiership player slipped out of town and was missing from his regular radio gig for Lions game last Saturday.
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/the-score-simon-blacks-survival-instincts-to-be-tested-with-lions-legend-linked-to-australian-survivor/news-story/a06c884b5407b0ae8af4fede07ff9cc0

1 Like

Yep, like Abbey Holmes for 7 and AFL Nation, Simon Black has been ‘mysteriously’ absent for Triple M since the conclusion of round 6. Cant believe it took 3 weeks to be news to be honest.

Boring. Exact same style casting as last season again.

1 Like

I like Simon Black as a contestant. He isn’t a Brian Lake style champion.

I understand though how some are saying too much same same. But it does look like they have casted different personalities even if they are from the same professions.