Australian Survivor

I’d assume that it will be the same formula of returnees, D grade celebs and a few genuine applicants.

I think it’s all new - so if it’s anything like the regular formula it’s 40% d-graders, 40% boring influencers, 20% genuine applicants.

There wasn’t the same rumour mill like last time where there were whispers of “oh, (name), is on”

However, I hope that the new head producer (starting with last years show) has changed the course and gotten interesting people who were from the application process.

I don’t mind returning players, all the returning players last season were much more interesting their second time around. The new ones were all boring.

That’s true, but if you compare say the Blood v Water season to Brain v Brain, BvB had no returnees and was a far more entertaining season and cast (almost exclusively due to George and Hayley), so its much more about the individual cast members rather than whether they’ve played before. I do think its time for a fresh season of newbees, but like others will be frustrated if they scout too much instead of relying on traditional casting- the best players are always die-hard fans who can be found through normal casting. It’s so frustrating watching people who are clearly unfamiliar with the gameplay. You can’t have a cast full of ‘Georges’ but the most entertaining seasons have big players who are willing and able to make big moves- more often than not these are everyday Australians who are Survivor super-fans.

George has written a book.

Coming to the Bargain Bin in all good Bookstores soon.

2 Likes

Vinnies op shop more like it

1 Like

2 Likes

Must be the teaser for the new season.

Premiere date is 5 February.

Update:

Promo:

An Australian Survivor Storm Is Brewing.

Australian Survivor: Titans V Rebels Premieres Monday 5 February At 7.30pm On 10 And 10 Play.

Get ready for a new struggle of survival; one which pits the winners against the underdogs, the big wigs against the battlers in the ultimate fight to win the world’s greatest game.

A Titan is someone who has achieved a great feat against all odds. The Rebels love to go against the game, sticking it to the man.

It’s the rule makers against the rule breakers.

Who will rise? Get your first look at Australian Survivor: Titans v Rebels

Australian Survivor: Titans v Rebels is an Endemol Shine Australia (a Banijay Company) production for Network 10.

Cast photo

Interesting going a week after Idol and MAFS. Dead on arrival?

It is odd… or are they overly confident in Gladiators?

Survivor has a pretty loyal and stable fanbase who tune in regardless of whether it airs later or earlier in the year, I also think 10 are fairly confident with the rest of their schedule too with the refreshed line-up next year.

Survivor will never win or compete against MAFS, but Idol ain’t too crash hot and can’t see it doing any better next year so I don’t think they will have much competition from 7.

As well, 10 have always done better when they’ve run their own race, I don’t think they necessarily need to align their schedule to the others to be competitive.

2 Likes

What refreshed line up?

Good promo.

That’s why 10 pushed back the premiere of Gladiators to January 15, as the show’s final week will now be up against Australian Idol and MAFS.

Well Deal Or No Deal launches the same day, news will be shorter and sharper for 60 mins.

Likely they’ll also go with a Late News premiere around the same date. as well as they’ll have an Afternoons bulletin on-air etc.

I’m not saying it’s revolutionary, but there are changes happening, and I’m sure they’re somewhat confident if they’re actively changing their line-up with new (returning?) offerings.

The cast of Australian Survivor: Titans vs Rebels, premiering Feb. 5 on Channel 10. #SurvivorAU pic.twitter.com/cMGMwwZaty

— Reality TV News/Updates (@Realitytv__fan) December 19, 2023

There are two former Aussie Rules players competing: Nathan Freeman (two games for St Kilda from 2016-2018, and had also played for Adelaide Crows in SANFL) and Kirby Bentley (7 AFLW games for Fremantle in 2017-2018 and 3 games Carlton in 2019).

Lol Winna

Looks like Aus Survivor is being bumped forward to Jan 29 (based on socials)

If that’s the case looks like they’ll burn off Gladiators quick smart.

Survivor should’ve always started Jan 29. Probably was always the plan until they started playing games with the failed Gladiators.

1 Like