Australian Survivor

According to Sunday Herald Sun’s Fiona Byrne, past contestants Jordie Hansen, Shaun Hampson and George Mladenov are heading for Samoa, as are former Essendon AFL player David Zaharakis and journalist (and former Real Housewife of Melbourne) Anjali Rao.

So it’s returning players vs celebs then? Geez they are creative.

1 Like

Oz Survivor had Traditionally aired after Masterchef concluded, But this year it aired before it, I want to see it air in the Winter.

If some of the rumoured returning players are true then this season is going to have multiple third time players and winners playing again.

I have a feeling bogan Johnny is back minus the mullet

Without a mullet, does he lose his super powers? :stuck_out_tongue:

The mullet is on the other tribe.

It will be I interesting to see how he is edited in. He was portrayed as a happy-go lucky guy on the show, but the jury villa showed he has a real nasty side.

In the past Lochie and David (golden god) were portrayed as arrogant chauvinists in their first seasons but then they were made much more likeable in their second seasons. Part of the hazard of returning cast, it reveals the power the editing has.

1 Like

Blood vs Water premieres on TVNZ2 in New Zealand next Monday (September 5) at 9.10pm.

Image looks like the Pacific.

Looks 10’s just going through every themed version from America. First we had Brains vs Brawn, then Blood v Water and now Heroes vs Villains.

What’s next? Millennials vs Gen X?

1 Like

I don’t think blood vs water was done very well. I enjoyed the US version but I didn’t enjoy the last season.

If they are drawing inspiration from US themes, which I don’t think there is anything wrong with, I do hope they try an exile Island season. It would assist in the nothing episodes when no one goes home.

1 Like

Of course. I don’t think it’s bad either (if anything it might attract more viewers in addition to Survivor fans) but I thought they might try some unique Australian themes (like Bushrangers vs City-Slickers or something like that) that resonates with Australian audiences rather than just copying the American themes directly.

1 Like

As long as they don’t copy this season’s theme in the US Survivor: Backstories :wink:

5 Likes

I think that is a given every season for a 10 reality show.

1 Like

Yes, I’ve long though a City v Country twist would be quite good, not that the actual surviving aspect seems to be a central aspect to the show anymore.

3 Likes

Given the new season of The Bachelor starts on January 9, is 10 planning to show it and Survivor in the same week? Or will it rush through The Bachelor before starting Survivor?

Back To Where It All Began.

Australian Survivor: Heroes V Villains. Coming January 2023.

In the game of Australian Survivor, who does it better? A hero or a villain?

This season, we are back to where it all began. Samoa. Where the beautiful beaches will see heroes and villains battle it out in gruelling challenges to come out on top.

Host, Jonathan LaPaglia, is back in 2023 to bring you TV’s ultimate game.