Australian Survivor

New promo tonight

^ That’s former cricketer Lee Carseldine who had played for Queensland, Adelaide Strikers in the Big Bash League and Rajasthan Royals in the Indian Premier League.

If it’s only twice a week and we get a Tribal Council every episode… this actually might be OK.

I wonder if he will try and hide the fact that he’s a former sportsman. They often have ex NBA or Baseball players on US Survivor and they usually try and get away with hoping nobody recognises them.

Starts August 21st and will air Sunday & Monday nights.

3 Likes

Good two nights a week but why do ten persist in airing big shows on Sunday night when they always get smashed in the ratings on that njght. Seven and nine just have a massive advantage on Sunday nights.

Is there any live Olympic coverage on August 21? Hopefully not.

According to the Olympic Schedule thread, on Sunday August 21 there are only men’s marathon, indoor volleyball and wrestling finals during primetime on Seven, so perhaps it is a good time to launch Survivor.

Why are they starting it at 7:30? Have they not learnt? Seven and nine begin prime time at 7pm. So they’ll be giving them a head start.

There is no live Olympic coverage on any day before about 10.30pm AEST, just highlights. So on a Sunday, many people will have watched the events live that morning.

Confirmed that there will be a tribal council every night.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/confidential/survivor-australia-host-jonathan-lapaglia-says-hes-physically-and-mentally-exhausted-after-filming-in-samoa/news-story/a891c65cc17cb8dea29fb3601694e0bd

1 Like

The marathon starts at 10:30pm.
No idea why Ten persist in giving Seven and Nine a head start by starting shows at 7:30pm, 30 mins after the competition.

2 Likes

Didnt you hear the great australian spelling bee is at 6:30. And obviously shit programming cant be moved :stuck_out_tongue:

I know ur being tongue in cheek but really if they persist with that stinker of a show survivor might really flop. It needs to start at 7pm with some sort of stunt 6:30pm program. But ten are stupid. Spelling bee needs to be burnt off during the games.

1 Like

MasterChef didn’t get thumped at 7.30 when The Voice and House Rules aired at 7. At least they are airing it on a night when there is barely competition on. Look at Spelling Bee it is doing awfully bad at 6.30.

Yeah but it didn’t win its timeslot.[quote=“cmo, post:202, topic:460”]
I know ur being tongue in cheek but really if they persist with that stinker of a show survivor might really flop. It needs to start at 7pm with some sort of stunt 6:30pm program. But ten are stupid. Spelling bee needs to be burnt off during the games.
[/quote]

I am joking and totally agree. I think Ten putting it on Sundays are smart. Its not like they should just give up on Sundays but they definitely needed something that actually rates a little better before it. Again I am not worried about it starting at 7:30 as long as something rates decently before it. Ten have had none of that this year with Modern Family rpts getting priority over Masterchef and Shark Tank.

5 Likes

^^ Agree that Ten can’t just give up on Sunday’s. Sunday is the right night for it and the day they are launching is smart given Olympic hype will have well and truly fizzed out by then (plus primetime is only highlights anyway).

As for 7.30pm once again I think they want it to be a consistent timeslot. The show is only on 2 days a week… if it aired 7pm one night and 7.30pm another night it’s confusing for viewers. I know MKR and the Block often do this but they are on more nights of the week. Casual viewers get annoyed by these timeslot switches. At the end of the day it’s getting it’s launch a days jump start on Zumbo. If the show is good viewers will watch it regardless of timeslot. My honest opinion is still that this show was always going to be an uphill battle to rate well but at least Ten are giving it a good shot.

I’m so relieved that this is only on two nights a week. I’m regaining some faith in our local version. It seems this way that there will probably be a tribal council every episode and not as stretched out as a lot of us thought it would.

Confirmed by Luke Dennehy from the Herald Sun in the link posted above.

1 Like

They need something to fill the 6:30pm slot given The Spelling Bee is tanking so hard otherwise this will bomb really badly on night #1.

If it were up to me I would organise a special Sunday episode of The Project with Jonathan LaPaglia as the 4th panellist, or an All Star: Family Feud featuring Survivor contestants from 6:30pm.

Anything would be better than what is scheduled there now.

4 Likes

Perhaps they could simply just swap Spelling Bee and FF around for a few weeks on Sunday’s? Would line up the schedule better too, with FF starting at 7. Let Spelling Bee die against the News, it’s going to anyway.

2 Likes

I liked the idea of Family Feud All Stars. Making a few more episodes. Move Spelling Bee to Saturdays. 280k is better than anything else they have on Saturdays.

1 Like

Australian Survivor begins Sunday 21 August 7.30pm. Promo during The Project.

1 Like