Australian Ninja Warrior

Clever scheduling to hurt House Rules or a stupid mistake for the launch of Ninja?

At least Nine will now have an excuse for poor ratings. :slight_smile:

Just saw a new short promo tonight during The Voice. It says Ninja Warrior will be shown from Sunday to Tuesday for three weeks. It is either a clever programming move or a ratings disaster in the making.

2 Likes

Sadly these days, anything that isn’t “tent-poled” is destined for failure.

i think this is the one you are talking about? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcTMJcg6oNs

Loved the show.
Probably a bit too long, being almost 2 hours long. Would’ve shortened it to one hour.

Apart from that it was great. (I’m also a fan of the original Japanese version too)

1 Like

I kind of liked it.

But it’s a bit one dimensional… I can see why Nine are looking to get it all done in a 3 week period, it’s not the kind of show that I think a network can sustain interest in over a few months like with The Block or MKR.

2 Likes

Liked it also. Being a fitness nut also we haven’t really had these sort of shows before, this is what we want to see, people pushing themselves like this, not shows with people shedding pounds and crying like babies.

Should do well.

1 Like

Dominating social media (not that means anything), but seeing an overwhelming disappointment for the show.

I didn’t love it at all, turned over to MasterChef after 30min :hushed:

Sorry & it pains me to say this, but Bec is pretty bad & Ben no better!

Nowhere near the US version, very flat, sloppy and boring, drags way out & I’ve personally seen it all before (keep reminding myself how much I loved Wipeout years ago, but this…)

3 Likes

I loved “It’s A Knockout” and “Gladiators” but yes, this hasn’t really got the ‘charisma’ of the other two.

Yes, I don’t know WHY Ben Fordham is a host… They should have gone with someone like Michael Slater, but then they’ve already got Freddie Flintoff from the cricket world.

4 Likes

You were always going to tune into Masterchef after 30 mins anyway. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I thought that Clint Stanaway or Cameron Williams might’ve been involved, but agree I don’t like Ben and preferred someone else.

On a side note, while I am a typical Seven viewer, I am going to watch Nine for the next few weeks because I love Ninja Warrior and I am absolutely thrilled that there is a local edition after the thrills of watching the American and Japanese versions.

1 Like

With no scripted drama in prime time, I’m going to watch neither for the next few weeks.

2 to go

Did anyone actually think either Bec, Ben or Freddie were good?

Bec and Freddie were okay, nothing special, but not horrible either. Ben just looked out of place.

Last night when i watched ANJ, I heard a commentator yell ‘Go You Good thing’. That person had a gravelly voice. Who was that commentator.

You’re searching far & wide I see Shoudy :wink:

1 Like

Rugby Union commentator Chris Handy was renowned for saying “Go you good thing” whenever he was on the commentary team for a Wallabies game.

But I doubt that it would have been him.

1 Like