Australian Ninja Warrior

I don’t know why you want it to fail, seems like you want everything 9 tries to be a failure, yes they don’t have a good success rate but if they don’t alter with the format and let the competitors be the focus then I can’t see why it won’t work. I love the US version and it will be interesting to see what the Australian version is like.

1 Like

You’re kidding me, right?

If anything, it’s arguable that I’m a supporter of a lot of things Nine but I certainly will criticise them (and all networks) for any dubious programing they air!

2 Likes

Why consider something that isn’t cooking or renovating dubious. Australian TV arguably needs shows like these to succeed more than ever - there is nothing else like it on Australian TV and it’s a proven hit to varying degrees in many countries now, plus has a long history in Japan (I assume the Japanese version is a cult thing in Australia as it is in the UK and US).

I have a look at the website and notice that some sessions take place between 11.30pm and 2.30am and the audience will have to camp overnight. Looks a bit unusual. Is the Japanese or US version filmed in the middle of the night?

Gold Coast stunt man Johann Ofner, who competed on the show, was tragically killed while filming a music video for Bliss N Eso in a bar in Brisbane’s CBD this afternoon. He was filming the video in Brooklyn Standard in Eagle Lane, when he was shot in the chest just before 2pm local time.

That’s tragic. Could that affect the screening of the show?

1 Like

Does anyone know what air date is scheduled for Australian Ninja Warrior?

I don’t think it’s supposed to go to air until 2nd half of this year.

I have a feeling it’s sometime in July… ?

Saw a promo last night during the AFL Footy Show. Nine may have to rush this to air if The Last Resort continues to flop in its timeslot (7.30pm Tuesdays and Wednesdays).

Maybe But nine Will air Big Bang/Comedy Movies Tuesdays instead I’m guessing and the last resort will be shown 10:30pm same as The Briefcase

Rushing a new show will just cause it to fail.

As long as they have a big promo campaign behind it, there’s no reason why they can’t bring the premiere forward.

I mean if it started next week for example, that would be a big fail but give it a couple of weeks of promotion, that should be fine.

I’m thinking 8pm Mondays starting June 5.

Or 7:30pm Tuesdays actually now that I think about it.

Nine is planning to show new season of Here Come the Habibs in this slot after True Story.

1 Like

I am thinking Sundays once The Voice finishes.

That makes sense.

Sunday Herald Sun reveals the first two contestants are former AFL player and 2008 Brownlow medallist Adam Cooney, and former Bachelor Tim Robards. The series will premiere in July and consist of five heats, three semi finals and the grand final.

The answer is yes. Rebecca Maddern told today’s Herald Sun Ofner’s runs would not be shown but his name would still feature on the leaderboard. She also said there would be a small tribute to him at the end of one of the episodes.

###AUSTRALIAN NINJA WARRIOR

From Sunday 9 July at 7.00pm

The Nine Network tonight announced that the adrenaline-charged new series, Australian Ninja Warrior, will debut on Sunday, July 9, at 7.00pm.

For 250 ordinary mums and dads, doctors, tradies, everyday heroes, athletes – even celebrities – the wait is finally over and Australia’s supreme competitors will gather in the quest for one goal: to claim the crown of Australia’s first Ninja Warrior.

This diverse range of competitors will line up to take their shot at the most difficult obstacle course in the world, with Rebecca Maddern, Ben Fordham and Freddie Flintoff calling their every move on Ninja Island.

Nine’s Head of Content, Production and Development, Adrian Swift, said: “Ninja Warrior is the toughest obstacle course in the world and now it’s in Australia. Over the coming weeks we’ll see which of Australia’s strongest, fastest, lithest, most dextrous athletes can take on – and beat – this mountain of steel that has risen out of Ninja Island.

“Men and women have come from every corner of Australia and they’re all desperate to take on the course and become Australia’s very first Ninja Warrior.”

Ninja Warrior, a smash-hit, worldwide phenomenon that has aired for 31 seasons globally, will offer a gripping mix of heart-pounding action and inspiring back stories when these everyday heroes push themselves beyond their physical and emotional limits to claim the title.

It’s an explosive start as Episode One features six character-building obstacles: The Quintuple Steps, Silk Slider, Bridge of Blades, Tyre Swing to Cargo Net, Double Tilt Ladder, and the infamous Warped Wall.

Hang on tight when some rise but most fall in their quest to conquer Mt Midoriyama on this mind-blowing obstacle course and be crowned the first Australian Ninja Warrior.

Story caption on the website’s front page:

Titanium rods in her spine, but Canberran Zoe’s a Ninja Warrior

Shame about the still of Jen in the article (the expression on her face!); she looks so much better in-person.