Australian Ninja Warrior

Yeah, Melbourne’s population is growing faster than Sydney. If Ninja moved from Sydney to Melbourne, the ratings will rise in Melbourne, but drop in Sydney. Ninja should do well this year.

The main reason why the show moved was because production was cheaper in Melbourne. This was the same reason why the The Block moved.

2 Likes

I just assumed that the new city commercials would only be airing in Melbourne. I don’t know why they rest of the country would care where the course is. It doesn’t make any difference to the actual show.

2 Likes

If it was, it would have had a “Made in Melbourne” super like “A Current Affair” had.

Just gives Nine another excuse to flog it.

Great to see Ninja warrior getting new graphics. Has anyone got any caps?

Here you go

:grinning:

3 Likes

3 Likes

As well as this, voiceover guy Steve Britten did the sponsor billboards for the program this year. (Last year was Paul Pittioni)

1 Like

Graphics look a bit too American to me, but then it goes with the set well.

I guess the mega warped wall was a new charity initiative from the show?

I would have thought that this was a new warped wall if contestants are keen enough to conquer the red wall.

Ashlin Herbert! TAKE A BOW! What a good finish to the Mega warped Wall!

Expensive broadcast for only 6 episodes. I’d imagine they would want a steady 900-1m to justify it. Even then for such a high budgeted show you really would want 1.5m but those ships have sailed it seems.

Tanks below 700k then it’s time to rest it. You can’t make this show on a low budget like 7 did, your better of not producing it.

I’m nervous and thinking 700-800k. I think it’s possibly worn off now. Not much on socials tonight either.

What’s the fascination from networks with all these ex Love Island people. Nobody even watched that shit. They are just insta hungry goofballs.

2 Likes

9* episodes.

The show obviously did well enough to suffice a second season being upgraded to the main channel. Plus does it really matter if Jaxon was on Love Island? I’d rather new people compete on the course (even if they have appeared on other shows) over the repeated people coming back year on year.

1 Like

Just like the Steinert girl who has been on every year, and has failed to get past the second obstacle every time :roll_eyes: I can’t imagine she’ll be back.

1 Like

Got to bring her back just for :poop: and giggles… it was great viewing… :rofl::joy::rofl:

Yeah Sheena is the best, make great TV!
I reckon she’ll be good in MAFS or Love Island as well :rofl:

Car crash TV :grin:

1 Like

The direction of this show is terrible. The constant cutting away from the contestant going through the course is annoying. Who cares how aghast and excited the relatives, crowd, hosts and sideline eye are, just show me the contestant’s action then after they bomb out get the reaction from the relatives etc.

5 Likes

Info on Semi Finals:

EPISODE 6 SYNOPSIS
SUNDAY 21 JULY at 7.00PM

Tonight, the first of three Semi Finals. We started with 200 Ninjas in the heats. 90 have qualified for the Semi Finals, with 30 competing tonight for a spot in the Grand Final.

In the Semi Finals, the course expands from six to nine obstacles: The Archer Steps, Rolling Log, Razors Edge, Floating Stairs, Basket Toss, and the classic Warped Wall but unlike the heats, the course doesn’t stop there. Ninja’s will have to tackle the Salmon Ladder to Flying Shelf Grab, Bouncing Spider and then finally the draining Invisible Ladder - Ninjas have to use two rings to push and pull their way up a heartbreaking 8m vertical ascent.

Only the top ten from tonight’s Semi Final will make it through to the Grand Final.

1 Like