Australian Idol

The three grand finalists all posted on Instagram this afternoon.

Dylan:

Oh what a night! Feeling on top of the world today. From the bottom of my heart, thank you all so so much for your incredible support throughout my entire @australianidol journey, it has been absolutely overwhelming and I couldn’t have done it without you.

To my family and close friends, you guys are amazing. To Georgia and my two beautiful girls, this is for you. Let the next chapter begin :blue_heart:

Amy:

And that’s a wrap!!
What an incredible journey it’s been, I’m so grateful to everyone that has supported me these last few months. Theres no way I could’ve gotten to the end of this without you. Huge congratulations to @dylanwrightmusic for taking this thing out!!! So bloody well deserved, you’re incredible and I can’t wait to see what you do next Dyl 🫶🏼 And to my girl Denny @denvah_music_ I’m so proud of you and everything you do, thank you for being so authentically DENVWAHHHH :heart: :fire: I’ve met some really incredible people during this time. Could not feel more blessed x

This isn’t the end, this is just the beginning :star2: :sparkling_heart:

Stay tuned, and all my love
Amy from Broome xxx

Denvah:

Dear Dylan,

If I could sum up last night in one picture it would be this one. You did it, like I always knew you would and I am so astronomically proud of you. The most deserving and the most humble - go take over the world Dyl, I’ll be in the front row watching :white_heart:

1 Like

I’m happy he won too👍

Up 2% compared to last year mostly due to regionals by the looks of it

Also need to consider that the national ratings number this year includes regional areas that weren’t included in ratings in the past so an exact year-on-year national comparison is difficult.

4 Likes

I want to bring Young Divas back please? Yes!!!

It’s not a great song. I doubt it will sell.

2 Likes

They botched it. Should have been performed the night before and he only sang half the song when he won.

1 Like

Probably because this show makes no sense in terms of current industry movements and music discovery. Especially if you are trying to fashion a ‘pop star’

1 Like

Well 5 of the top 6 contestants were all from regional towns - so not surprising. I guess it’s one of the few shows where regional Australia has felt really well represented.

Never going to happen.

Yeah back in the day when both contestants sang the winners song before the finale, you kind of already knew it by the time they won. Hearing a short version after Dylan won just didn’t sound very good or memorable to me.

Anyone out there in radio land ever hear this song played? According to Online Radio Box K-Rock Geelong played it yesterday at 10.54am local time.

Well it didn’t make the top 50 on the ARIA charts and not even in the top 20 Australian songs.

According to Spotify it’s had 35,000 streams.

1 Like

Was Marcia scheduled to perform? I missed it… or was that because she fell ill ?

Yes she was but clearly not well enough to perform.

3 Likes

On the Good Friday Appeal, Ivana did another rendition of Rihanna’s Diamonds in the afternoon, and also caught up with a couple of top 30 contestants (it is on her Instagram), while Dylan was on the panel earlier tonight.

Ivana with Mike Amor and Rebecca Maddern

3 Likes

So it was meant to be that night? I didn’t just miss it?

She was brilliant

1 Like

Utter failure for the Australian Idol winner’s single again.

2 Likes

Although this season seemed more well perceived compared to last year (better judges, and some better singers in the top 12), it’s a shame that the Singles Sales aren’t that good.

Before the votes went to 10 person per person in the last two or so episodes, and the voting was unlimited, the judges said that “millions had voted” and “records keep on breakings”. If so… why didn’t these people buy the song?

People don’t buy songs anymore they would stream the song on Spotify or Apple Music. The winner’s song Paper Heart is not that great but it does have over 10k plays on YouTube Music, I prefer Spotify but it does not seem to provide me with that information easily. Angels Brought Me Here was far better and also something probably not helping things is there was no video clip either that I could find on YouTube only Dylan’s performance on the finale.

2 Likes

Oh, i see. Im with you now. Streaming is the place to go now for music. Had a brain freeze before. Lol.

“Angels Brought Me Here” was a great song. It made Guy the star he is now.

1 Like