ARN Regional (formerly Grant Broadcasters)

Hopefully they also update their Retro 20/20 countdown site… it only has links to 2018-19 content there.

5 Likes

Speaking of the 20/20 Retro Countdown, the voice tracking has been kinda wonky on 5MU over the past couple of months.

Sometimes it’s perfectly fine, sometimes only the first hour is voicetracked, sometimes the voicetracking doesn’t match the countdown and sometimes - like right now - there’s no voice tracking at all. About half the imaging appears to be missing too.

6 Likes
5 Likes

Now how about a different music log from Wave fm?

6 Likes

…new plans starting with heritage stations in South Australia.

The first phase includes the introduction of a series of local news initiatives in the Spencer Gulf and Eyre Peninsula regions which will see stations broadcast an extended 20-minute local news bulletin every Friday that takes an in-depth look at the week’s big stories.

11 Likes

That should fill part of the void left by the axing of Southern Cross News Spencer Gulf.

5 Likes

He replaces Charles “Max” Maxwell, who has moved over to Shoalhaven breakfast after Stolzy moved across to 94.9 Power FM breakfast.

Pete Brandtman is also well known as being one-half of 94.9 Power FM’s Bacon Boys breakfast team back in the 90s.

4 Likes

I do note. That from today’s lachlan mansell is now doing the 10am to2pm shift at power fm Ballarat. Jules was doing it temporary since i belive brook left. And note looking at lachlan insta he was bwauty and the geek champ 2021

Edit: he explains in an insta live it was his work with arn working with kyle and jackie o and working with arn

3 Likes

I have noticed that Power FM here in Ballarat website still states Will and Woody from 6 pm to 8 pm and the Kyle and Jackie o show from 7 to 8pm . i have checked other arn power fm websites and they all have said Will and Woody are now 5-7 pm and kyle and Jackie o from 7-8 pm when did this change?? as I think power fm Ballarat website is wrong???

3 Likes

It’s been like that since the ARN takeover (atleast on Power FM Nowra).

2 Likes

Has anyone noticed the breakfast guy on 102.9 2ST sounds a bit like John Laws, kinda, maybe, a little bit.

Either way he is nice to listen to, props for a good breakfast show.

5 Likes

That would be Ian Holland.

2 Likes

It will be - Ballarat still has a local drive shift (The Home Run) through to 6pm. Presumably The Hour of Power airs 8-9pm, but would have to stream to check.

3 Likes

Interesting you should mention that breakfast show.
I was listening a little bit earlier in the week & thought Ian Holland’s show was surprising good & with lots of relevant local content in an era of savaging local radio broadcast content in the regions.

3 Likes

…September 1.

4 Likes

Great Southern Land Media Group owns that station.

1 Like

Hot 91.1? No, ARN own it.

4 Likes

Ah no worries. Thinking the competitors across the street.

3 Likes

Yep, MIX/Sea.

5 Likes

2ST now coming in loud and clear in Kiama on 91.7.

Nothing on 88.5 which is no surprise.

4 Likes