ARN Regional (formerly Grant Broadcasters)

I know they don’t, i was being facetious.
Sure they have large markets but it’s a sad state when somebody of Ryan’s experience at Mix & 2Day is unable to get a cap city gig.
Gussing underemployed is hitting radio now too

1 Like

Hence “used to be”

1 Like

Well Nova Melbourne no longer has a CD.

2 Likes

He was at Nova Brisbane and I believe they really underperformed during his reign.

1 Like

Actually was just thinking, if anything, there’s probably more opportunity & freedom to do things a CD wants to do in a network like that. I’m sure there’d me more restrictions due to the competitiveness of a major market.

I’d be interested what Ryan’s comparisons are to all the roles he’s had in his career or anyone for that matter.

Looking at their Song History page, it appears that 2ST in Nowra are now taking a different log to that of 2EC & 2NM. It’s taking the River 949 log, whereas the other two are still taking the Zinc log.

This change took place a week after 94.9 Power FM switched to the K Rock log.

See it here: http://player.listenlive.co/60821/en/songhistory

1 Like

Does that mean River94.9 have gone more older skewed & less “JackFM”?

Probably not. More likely the other way around on 2ST’s behalf, in which they would be playing far less 70s (and no 60s) than before.

At least at around Ulladulla, there’s now an incentive to listen to 2EC & Power FM Bega Bay over 2ST & 94.9 Power FM for something different unlike how it has been for at least the last 18 months or so. :slight_smile:

Grants is being quite difficult to follow.

Here’s a challenging question… how many different logs are running across the network and where are they all coming from?

How can we easily categorise their stations as younger or older skewed?

1 Like

River 949 “Best Mix” log

River 949
2ST
7AD
7BU
Mix 104.9

K Rock “Hit Music” log

K Rock
Power FM Ballarat
Power FM Nowra
Chilli Launceston/NE Tas
Sea FM NW Tas
Magic 93.1 Renmark
Hot 100FM Darwin

Zinc “Classic Hits” log

Zinc 96
4BU
4CC
4MK
4CA
2EC
2NM
5CS-AU
5CC

“Today’s Best Music” log

Wave FM
Power FM Bega
Power FM Muswellbrook
Hot 91
Hitz 939
Star Mackay
Star Townsville
Star Cairns

Bay 93.9 AC log

Bay 93.9
3BA
LAFM/7SD
7XS
5RM

7HO, Hot Tomato, 4RO, Power 100 and Magic in Spencer Gulf & Port Lincoln still maintain their own logs. Gold Central Victoria & River 1467 shares its log with each other. 5MU, whilst they partially take the Zinc log, has its own log most of the time.

9 Likes

Is 4RO the only Grant station (aside from part-owned 2CC) that is predominately news talk?

1 Like

Yes.

1 Like

Power fm Nowra sounds much better now it is running the Krock log.

Being on the same log as Wave was complete madness considering both stations broadcast off the same tower on Knights Hill and each have excessive overspill into each other’s licence areas.

I don’t mind the Hot 100 log either.

1 Like

Thank you for that list. A shame it’s not more simple (ie all AMs take one log and all PowerFM’s take another, etc).

How would agency sales sell that mess? Surely they just say “hit music” and “classic hits/variety”?

2 Likes

For me they should either go with the Hot 100 or Krock logs for all CHR stations.
I don’t know AC as well, which one is better River or Hot Tomato?

1 Like

River is more AC based than Hot Tomato, which is more Hot AC, similar to Wave/Hot 91/Star.

1 Like

with increasing difficulty. This is why it was easy working with SCA - we knew what market had what format and their reps were always onto us with changes. I’d be off my tree if I had to work with that list.

2 Likes

Grant are doing a survey.

Link is here:

2 Likes

According to their website, 2ST’s positioner is now “Shoalhaven & Highlands’ Real Music Variety”, to coincide with the change in their log to that of River 949.

1 Like

Meanwhile, former hit106.9 Newcastle breakfast presenter, Simon Baggs, is joining Hot Tomato as its new drive co-host, joining Moyra & Mal.

Source: Radioinfo

3 Likes