ARN Regional (formerly Grant Broadcasters)

Former Mix/KIIS buddies helping each other out.

1 Like

Baggs moves around a hell of a lot

Not to mention the number of different brands they use. AM is understandable due to heritage, but FM should be more consistent.

2 Likes

Yeah - I’m not seeing a problem with this at all. It’s all the agency needs to know.

Saying that heritage brands deserve to stay over FM brands is quite contradictory in itself. Some FM brands are heritage this day and age anyway. The less cookie cutter radio stations there are in Australia, the better.

2 Likes

Yeah 2uw could of been the station with the best mix from the 70s 80s and the 90s. No need to be MIX 106.5.

Agreed.

We’ve had commercial FM radio in Australia for nearly 40 years now and the last I checked, Triple M, 2DayFM and Fox 101.9 all date back to the very start.

1 Like

MMM in Melbourne doesn’t with EON preceding but it wasn’t that long after

1 Like

Seems like Grant Broadcasters have chosen to put KIX Country on the air in Queenstown, TAS. I heard an announcement today by Justin Thomson, the afternoon announcer on KIX welcoming listeners in Queenstown today.

4 Likes

Wonder what the frequency is?

1 Like

Wasn’t there a rumour regarding the new 7AUS service taking Kix Country? It will use 95.3 MHz in Queenstown, 103.5 in Strahan, and 105.5 at Mount Read/Rosebery.

3 Likes

Bad move imo.

I think they would have been better off with 92.1 7XS-FM aligning with 7AD-FM and 7BU-FM and putting SEA on 95.3.

2 Likes

Not sure what the demographics are on the Wet Coast but I’m guessing the median age is older than for Australia as a whole. Grants may reckon a country format is more suitable than a tight CHR, in that small market. An interesting move nonetheless given that country music is considered a narrowcast format.

There also isn’t much- if any- fortuitous reception from neighbouring markets, on the Wet Coast. It’s not like Bathurst where listeners can tune to (s)hit 105.9 for their fix of bubblegum.

2 Likes

According to the 2016 Census, the We(s)t Coast of Tassie has a median age of 44 years, compared to Australia’s 38 years & Tassie’s 42 years.

5 Likes

I’ve just noticed on Lava that Power FM in Murray Bridge now carries the same log as Wave FM, Power FM Bega/Muswellbrook, Hot 91, Hitz 939 & Star QLD.

2 Likes

It kicks off on Monday 6th January & finishes at around Australia Day. Unsure on whether it will extend to 2ST, 7AD, 7BU & Mix 104.9, which carry the same log.

1 Like

They’re not new apparently but Bay FM have new Smooth style sweepers about Geelong feel good and their ID.

1 Like
5 Likes

K-rock has had a couple of format changes over the past 30 years, it used to be a male-skewed rock station for most of its life, but now is more pop-oriented and has been for the last ten years at least.

2 Likes

During my stay on the South Coast, I’ve noticed that the audio quality of 2ST on 91.7 & 106.7 is in full stereo, whereas the 102.9 Southern Highlands service doesn’t sound nearly as good.

4 Likes

Hows the fire damage where you stayed?