Are Media

Good question but I would have thought people could still make money in this area considering how much money people spend on fitness and health in Australia.

It has been the one that was at the bottom of the gutter of all the women’s gutter gossip mags.

2 Likes

I think Harper’s BAZAAR may have the best chance of coming back, but maybe as an Australian printing of the US or UK edition with some local ads would be my guess, and no Australian staff.

1 Like

SMH reports editorial staff at Harper’s Bazaar were planning a relaunch with the October issue when they were told the magazine would be axed along with seven others.

Woman’s Day, Who and New Idea last week published separate apologies to musician Daniel Johns regarding the articles about him last year. They were follow up to The Sunday Telegraph’s report in August last year that claimed he had been at a Sydney brothel which turned out to be incorrect. Johns sued the paper’s publisher News Corp and received $170,000 in compensation plus up to $300,000 in legal costs.
This is Woman’s Day’s version.

1 Like

This is what happens with cutbacks, sackings and shared editors across multiple titles who don’t really edit.

Nicole Byers, group editor-in-chief/associate publisher for The Australian Women’s Weekly, has apologised over the blunder.

Stupid question, but when are Mercury re-branding Bauer Media’s Australian and NZ arm? As in not calling itself Bauer Media Group Australia etc…

a new name is coming soon but they haven’t said when. They’ve probably bigger worries at the moment

Maybe let the naming space out to make some money? :stuck_out_tongue:

YOUR NAME HERE Press. :stuck_out_tongue:

Goodbye Bauer Media. Hello Are Media

Depending on the next move, you could add an S between R and E. :wink:

6 Likes

That is a truly awful logo.

5 Likes

This post brought you by the letter s:

Just noticed this thread here and that Bauer Media is now ‘Are Media’.

Quite an amusing name, considering you only need add the letter ‘s’ to accurately describe the state of magazines in Australia.

1 Like

It is horrible.

1 Like

That logo looks like something that might’ve looked good for a high end fashion brand during the Late 1980s/Early 1990s, but surely not for a media company in the 2020s?

As others have pointed out, an “s” should be placed between the “r” and “e” of that name! :wink:

1 Like

Are is a stupid name for a business.

5 Likes

Sorry that’s an aren’t from me.

3 Likes

Lol who thought up that name and logo :joy:

3 Likes