Anh’s Brush with Fame

1 Like

A Bond Girl, a Politician and a Horse Trainer walked into a studio - Anh Do returns to the ABC this month

All new episodes of Anh’s Brush with Fame start March 30 on ABC & iview

Bringing his brushes and banter, beloved comedian, author and Archibald Finalist Anh Do is heading back to the ABC. Season six of the Logie-nominated series Anh’s Brush with Fame premieres on Tuesday March 30 at 8.00pm on ABC and ABC iview.

Over the 14 episodes, Anh paints some of Australia’s most famous faces, capturing their personalities on the canvas. Anh delves behind the public profile of his subjects as he learns about the inspirational, heart-warming and occasionally deeply emotional stories that have shaped their lives.

“I can’t wait for this series to air with a great line-up of fantastic guests,” says Anh.

The series will kick off with the multi-talented designer and TV presenter Jamie Durie. Anh also chats to homegrown heroes, Dr Harry Cooper, Australia’s original TV Vet, much loved singer songwriter Missy Higgins, actor and broadcaster Kate Ritchie and Midnight Oil front man, activist and politician, Peter Garrett. Also captured on the canvas will be former Justice of the High Court, Michael Kirby and legendary horse trainer Gai Waterhouse.

Many of Anh’s subjects have made Australia their home and share their diverse and insightful experiences. Former Bond Girl and Dr Quinn Medicine Woman, Jane Seymour, opens up about her incredible life and career. Tara Moss is a Canadian born, best-selling author, Li Cunxin a ballet dancer originally from China, Manu Feildel French chef and television presenter and from the world of music Marcia Hines, Kamahl and Guy Sebastian all share their stories of coming to Australia.

Update:

The episode of Anh’s Brush With Fame on Tuesday 20 April (Week 17) which was to feature Dr Harry Cooper, has now changed to feature Kamahl .

The Dr Harry Cooper episode will be broadcast at a later date.

1 Like

Tuesday 20 April- Kamahl

EDIT-
Kamahl didn’t mention anything about Hey Hey It’s Saturday in this episode.
It was very interesting to hear about his early life and career in Australia.

Program note

Due to the coverage of the 2021 Budget, Anh’s Brush With Fame will not screen on Tuesday 11 May at 8pm. The series wll resume with episode 7 (Manu Feildel) on Tuesday 18 May at 8.00pm.

Looking forward to Manu’s episode in two weeks’ time. I wonder if he will spill more secrets from My Kitchen Rules.

1 Like

He’s been fun on DWTS, a much more ‘nice guy’ and friendly face than say Pete Evans. While his accent may annoy some and he was part of the now infamous shenanigans with later seasons of MKR, I think he still has a loyal fan base.

Yeah Manu seems like a genuinely nice guy compared to Paleo Evans anyway. He was good on DWTS and surprisingly great on Australia’s Got Talent.

4 Likes

The Dr Harry Cooper episode will be shown this Tuesday (June 29) at 8pm.

1 Like

Season 7 in doubt.

Season 6 finale is tonight (July 6) with special guest Peter Garrett.

The other two points of interest in that SMH article is one from a fellow artist Paul Ryan who wanted a consultant’s credit on the show because he helps Do with the paintings, and the other from Do himself:

2 Likes

So Do didn’t paint the portraits all on his own?

He is definitely getting help, according to the article, but how much on each painting is not clear.

2 Likes

This is not news. It was reported weeks ago that Anh was planning to stop doing the show because he has a publishing deal to write a series of books which will take three years.

Do you happen to have a source for this as I wasn’t aware of the story you are referencing?

And if that’s true it is interesting the ABC didn’t just say that, instead they specifically avoided saying it was gone with their statement to me (even though it is).

It’s referenced in the SMH article you linked to in your story.

Do said he was “unsure” if there will be a seventh series of Brush With Fame , explaining he now has a publishing deal with Allen and Unwin to write a staggering 50 children’s books over the next three years.

1 Like

Oh ok… but there is a difference between being ‘unsure’ and what I’m reporting. From what I have been told by my sources, and as I have reported, there are more reasons as to why he has decided to pull the plug – and it’s not (just) because of the book.

Now while it’s not official, my sources are pretty good - as I think I’ve proven on a number of occasions.

1 Like

Mark Humphries also posted it on Twitter on 4 July as seen above in this thread.