Amor/Maddern Leaked Video

Martin said the conversation between Mike and Bec was unflattering and regrettable, but emphasised it was a private conversation.

2 Likes

Urgh, now we get the bullshit attempts to distance from the comments

1 Like

it seems to be a fairly realistic summation of it, though.

3 Likes

Seven Melbourne taking Sky News Australiaā€™s motto: Real News, Honest Views. Very honest!

2 Likes

Hereā€™s a better quality (slightly)

3 Likes

Iā€™m fairly sure itā€™s actually illegal to record private conversations also. I recall an incident in my workplace years ago where a employee recorded another employeeā€™s conversation and under some law they got the sack.

I believe each state is different however from my example above itā€™s clearly illegal in Vic.

7 Likes

Generally itā€™s illegal to record a conversation that you are not participating in without consent.

1 Like

From a few conversation Iā€™ve had this morningā€¦ the majority of people have had a laugh, but support Bec and Mikes viewers.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s from an internal feed. Iā€™ve always been told to assume your mic is live in that situation, but at the same time, that feed is not meant to be seen outside of the network.

12 Likes

Itā€™s going to be hard for them to find out where this has come from. Even just as a general thing, all internal TVā€™s in all departments at BCM have a live studio feed channel on themā€¦ and we are talking about TVs even on desks in departments.

2 Likes

Thay might want to reassess that going forward.

1 Like

While as mentioned above feedback is largely positive, it is also mobilising an army of haters on line. This is not something a network aiming for broad appeal like Seven would want for its news service. So while the general population might feel positively towards the duo, I canā€™t see any changing channels because of it. However, if 5% of viewers switch off because of this the impact will be noticable.

Also looks very unprofessional.

6 Likes

My concern of the army of haters is now how far those armies go, while I thought it was funny and certainly didnā€™t disagree and donā€™t see it as anything to make a fuss over. We have seen before that incidents like this can create the haters who can go too far. Weā€™ve already seen the protests outside the hotel, wouldnā€™t take much to get them outside Channel 7 - and weā€™ve seen lately that Melbourne does love a protest! Then thereā€™s also cyber threats, particularly from countries around that region who can do some damage. Hopefully it all blows over and Iā€™d hate to see any ramifications for Amor or Maddern but if there was someone who leaked it and they manage to track them down theyā€™ll probably need to start refreshing their resume.

1 Like

Question - is it worth seven acknowledging this tonight on the 6pm news? Or do they ignore it? :thinking:

1 Like

Completely ignore it. Most of Sevenā€™s older demographic wouldnā€™t have known this has happened unless they read the Herald Sun or are on social media.

8 Likes

They would hope itā€™s not someone high profile. I understand the person according to reports around #Jacketgate was someone high profile however that was kept and dealt with internally.

Sounds like whoever here will just get the sack.

1 Like

Doubt that. Itā€™s being covered on talk radio and being widely discussed in social circles.

I hope the presenters ignore it and donā€™t feel the need to apologise.

15 Likes

This was the statement from Seven:

ā€œThe illegal recording was of a private conversation between two colleagues. It was an underhanded, cowardly act in breach of the Victorian Listening Devices legislation the perpetrator of which will be accordingly dealt with when found.ā€

The legislation he refers to says;

A private conversation is any conversation that is carried out in circumstances where it may reasonably be assumed that the parties to that conversation only want the words heard by the other people in that conversation. It does not include a conversation where the parties ought reasonably to expect that they may be overheard by someone else.

Conversations conducted in public areas where it can be reasonably expected the conversation would be overheard are not considered to be private.

11 Likes

Fair to say it doesnā€™t sound like a publicity stunt and Seven is sounding pretty pissed but supporting both Amor and Maddern which is good. Someoneā€™s gonna be in trouble!

13 Likes

The other question is how many of those online army are even in Australia, let alone Melbourne. Iā€™d say very few in reality. Internet will move into something new tomorrow.

5 Likes