AM To FM Conversions

I didn’t know that?

when ARN acquired Grant, the family continue to keep Grant Geelong and 50% ownership in most of Capital stations.

also speaking of ARN/Grant situation, I found that there’s not much effect on Grant stations since the acquisition closed a few day after New Year (outside of increasing streaming integration with iHeartRadio lol)

1 Like

the “iHeart” part is that he’s referring to ARN @myfriend

1 Like

I don’t think Capital Radio Network is owned by ARN/iHeart?

1 Like

i have already said at previous post @myfriend

1 Like

You’re right. I believe that Grant Broadcasters (except for a few stations) became part of ARN while Capital Radio Network did not.

@myfriend …what is the significance of that tag?

3 Likes

yes Grant Broadcasters did but I got confused by your wording that Capital Radio Network is now owned by iHeart. AM To FM Conversions - #1752 by ron12

1 Like

I meant that ARN didn’t buy Capital Radio Network.

1 Like

According to the ACMA 2022-27 FYSO that was released this morning, the Planning Principles for AM to FM in regional areas (extending it to competitive regional markets) is set to be finalised in Q3 2022, ie. by the end of this month.

3 Likes

Does it include more Multiplexes for Digital Audio Broadcasting???

No.

3 Likes

It has been released yesterday:
https://www.acma.gov.au/sites/default/files/2022-09/Principles%20for%20planning%20AM%20to%20FM%20conversions%20in%20regional%20licence%20areas.docx

4 Likes

Did the drive from Gold Coast to Coffs Harbour today.

To my surprise, 2GF on 89.5 was NOT on air.
103.9 for Maclean / Yamba was still on.

I wonder what happened with 89.5…. is just a temporary break between tests and full time transmissions or was there an issue? @Paul_Covo_Covington might have some info?

4 Likes

Yes 89.5 is off, no reception at Woopi Headland last weekend. I would also like to know what the issue is.

Horrible co-channeling between 2TLC Yamba and 2PM Port Mac at Woopi as well; 93.5 was unlistenable. Port Mac dominates at Boambee Headland whilst the only spot I heard 2TLC in the clear was my Queensland spot just west of Dorrigo. A poor choice of frequency.

No movement on 94.3 2AD either. It’s as slow as a @turdall as far as this thread is concerned.

1 Like

A few technical issues holding up 2GF 89.5 to begin official test transmissions.
Hopefully not too far away now.

7 Likes

Thanks for the update, much appreciated and good luck with getting it sorted.

1 Like

I miss @turdall’s contributions.

Thanks @Paul_Covo_Covington for the reply, appreciate your input.

2 Likes

Thanks @Paul_Covo_Covington

Hopefully the Indian teepee at Swan Creek remains. Always know I’m 5 minutes from home when I pass that landmark.

1 Like

ACMA has released its Consultation Paper for 2TM Tamworth to convert to FM.

https://www.acma.gov.au/consultations/2022-12/proposal-vary-tamworth-licence-area-plan-consultation-412022

1 Like