AM To FM Conversions

I have heard that 3WM Horsham is converting to 96.1? Will 1089 kHz switch off?

Looks like it may be a new Ararat translator only, but some sources state that AM will switch off:

1 Like

No.
96.1 is just a repeater in Ararat, not for the whole licence area.

4 Likes

Thanks for that. Somebody has their wires crossed, pardon the pun.

it was every only a change for Ararat and Ararat only, your source was wrong

1 Like

Let’s check a bit that all the remaining AM commercial services in the Kangaroo land (excl. ABC, Narrowcast, 9Radio, 3MP):

Tasmania

• 7SD Scottsdale - 540AM (secondary option, three FM transmitters are currently promoted as the primary option) (ARN)

Victoria

• 3GG Warragul/Gippsland - 1531 AM (Capital)

(i think i can list up to this point - anyone can help @myfriend?)

4KZ Innisfail/Tully - 531 KHz
4AM Atherton/Mareeba - 558 KHz (relay 1422 KHz Port Douglas)

Also 3GG is on 531 KHz. It’s part of the Capital Radio Network which is now owned by iHeart. There are many other AM stations that are part of the Capital Radio Network.

1 Like

I didn’t know that?

when ARN acquired Grant, the family continue to keep Grant Geelong and 50% ownership in most of Capital stations.

also speaking of ARN/Grant situation, I found that there’s not much effect on Grant stations since the acquisition closed a few day after New Year (outside of increasing streaming integration with iHeartRadio lol)

1 Like

the “iHeart” part is that he’s referring to ARN @myfriend

1 Like

I don’t think Capital Radio Network is owned by ARN/iHeart?

1 Like

i have already said at previous post @myfriend

1 Like

You’re right. I believe that Grant Broadcasters (except for a few stations) became part of ARN while Capital Radio Network did not.

@myfriend …what is the significance of that tag?

3 Likes

yes Grant Broadcasters did but I got confused by your wording that Capital Radio Network is now owned by iHeart. AM To FM Conversions - #1752 by ron12

1 Like

I meant that ARN didn’t buy Capital Radio Network.

1 Like

According to the ACMA 2022-27 FYSO that was released this morning, the Planning Principles for AM to FM in regional areas (extending it to competitive regional markets) is set to be finalised in Q3 2022, ie. by the end of this month.

3 Likes

Does it include more Multiplexes for Digital Audio Broadcasting???

No.

3 Likes

It has been released yesterday:
https://www.acma.gov.au/sites/default/files/2022-09/Principles%20for%20planning%20AM%20to%20FM%20conversions%20in%20regional%20licence%20areas.docx

4 Likes

Did the drive from Gold Coast to Coffs Harbour today.

To my surprise, 2GF on 89.5 was NOT on air.
103.9 for Maclean / Yamba was still on.

I wonder what happened with 89.5…. is just a temporary break between tests and full time transmissions or was there an issue? @Paul_Covo_Covington might have some info?

4 Likes