AM and FM DX

I had Hit 102.5 Mt Isa on the car radio near Temora on the way to Griffith yesterday around 3:30pm SpE opening.

4 Likes

Sunshine FM 104.9 w/ professional presenter

4 Likes

Yes, I got my Yagi installed yesterday and immediately christened it with the big Es opening to QLD and NCL. Lots of stations heard. Highlights were 91.1/91.9/92.7 Sunshine Coast with RDS over the Canberra locals, B105 with RDS and most NCL stations with RDS. I’m progressively uploading it to:

Such a relief to have a relatively clear band. The Yagi is fixed aiming roughly NE at the moment (Sydney direction). My rotator needs a couple of parts which did not ship in the box (d’oh) including control cables. Leigh at The Rock had a brief but big Indonesian opening yesterday afternoon:

Alas, I couldn’t turn my Yagi towards Indonesia.

5 Likes

Wow, so even wiped out local community station 2TEM on that frequency?

It was more towards Griffiths where 2TEM is very weak but yes I got it over the top of it.

1 Like

Very good presentation on Scumshine FM. That’s the sort of level I want to work towards. I probably should listen to some more of these high quality community stations.

Scrappy Es here this morning with one good catch: 100.5 Breeze Monto with RDS.

2 Likes

There is some weak NZ FM DX in at the moment.
Noting several low frequency Invercargill FM stations in with fleeting scrappy reception 90.0, 91.6, 93.2 & 94.0MHz etc.

The Sydney FM pirate is back on 91.8MHz.

UPDATE: 1953LT Mackay, Qld now in.

1 Like

FM in from NCL 89.0, 97.0, 101.0, 90.0

Just received Rebel FM 88.9 Biloela. Funny - it was just this one station on its own. No other QLD FMs in at this time

** Twilightzone theme sounds **

Funny…I was just now doing a SDR graphic of me notching out 2RSR carrier showing reception of Rebel FM 88.9 Biloela underneath from DX a couple of days ago.

UPDATE: Here’s the image.

I had something on 87.7 earlier, no idea if a car micromitter (more than likely) or something more exotic in Australia or Pacific, just music & not recorded. Nothing else here, but not much scanning either.

Hoping Skid Row program remains off so I have an opportunity to try for 88.9 Braidwood FM in future whenever ducting returns between locations.

2 Likes

You may not have to wait long as a heatwave is forecast for next week down here. Will depend on the intrusion of low level easterlies; Tuesday night actually looks like the best night for it (when I’m on air)!

2 Likes

DXnerd had alerted me to Fiji double hop Es but I was out on a job. Notice when the days are good for DX you always out on a big job…and way out of town…Didn’t get back home till 2:30 & only caught the tail end of the opening. Bits of BBCWS 88.2 & Viti FM 92.0 & 92.2.

Bits of NZ as well from Palmerston North 89.0 & 93.8

At least my little setup here at the flat is capable of receiving double hop Es

2 Likes

New Guinea strong signals into Brisbane.

2 Likes

what frequencies?

Tamago is getting 89.9 and 90.7 from Pot Mosbi.

Video from the Fijian opening can be found on my YT channel: YouTube.com/dxnerd86

Also had 102.0 Vanuatu.

1 Like

Up to 93.9 now, and everything below

Have a video of ID from NBC 90.7, as well as hearing Tribe 92

Have confirmed reception so far of

5 Likes

The opening is reaching all the way up to BBC on 106.7

Radio Maria is back on 92.9 - but it doesn’t match the PM band plan.

4 Likes

TV Cynic - do you have a YT channel?

Sure do. Currently trying to ID 97.1

Edit - 97.1 is Hot FM 97

I have most of the reception recorded on SDR radio.

2 Likes

Looks like the opening might be over. Just got Hobart on 93.9 coming in across the top of Port Moresby.

Was pleased to get a Hot 97 FM ID on 97.1

A new RDS noted on the FM Central outlet.

I have uploaded some older DX stuff to my channel in the past.

Suggestions for perhaps a good quality screen capture device would be taken. If any interest I could up load more recent DX from SDR program band recordings.

3 Likes

There is an English pop station Legend FM on 101.1 in PM, though I’m guessing Radio Bogan takes care of that one.

PM to Brisbane is roughly the same as Noumea to Sydney, so it’s a wonder these higher band stations haven’t been heard more often in SEQ.