AFL

You can’t say that definitely hit the post!
Might have, might not have.
Yeah, I’m probably on the side of where the AFL used to be 5 years ago with press conferences. What Hinkley said last night isn’t good enough and deserves a fine but, as you said, there’s plenty of others who have also said enough to warrant that this year.

2 Likes

So do I

1 Like

Didn’t the player also say it hit the post though?

And? There has been plenty of players over time who have correctly/incorrectly said something before, listen to Anthony Rocca or Tony Liberatore. The goal umpire and the reviewer also said it definitely didn’t hit the post, or are they lying?

Fair enough. Just looked like it to me but I am a port supporter so could be looking at it with port eyes. I have seen similar decisions overturned this year. As i said it wouldnt have mattered. Crows would have kicked a goal. They were coming at the time.

I used to think like this but I didn’t like how the AFL silenced negative opinions. It felt like a dictatorship.

Not debating whether it was a goal or not but surprised there’s only two angles of it, both from a distance. Is the normal for Fox produced games?

I didn’t like how coaches can come out and make outlandish, non factual statements and don’t have anything to answer to. There’s a happy medium somewhere.

After her comments on SEN on Friday, Daisy Pearce put forward her proposal for the 2019 AFLW competition on Game Day on Seven this morning. Problem is, starting the season in January will put it in direct clash with the cricket season (which is broadcast on Seven) so it could means smaller crowds and lower TV ratings. And the players could suffer in hot conditions even if all matches are played at night.

I have to disagree with Daisy Pearce- too much conflict with cricket(which is broadcast on Seven).

Wouldn’t it be too hot in January?
Mind you, February isn’t any better.

October-November might be a better idea, not too hot, though you could argue that interest in all football goes out the window once the AFL Grand Final is over.

2 Likes

In terms of scheduling: just bump the cricket to 7mate. The die-hards will follow regardless.

Seven’s deal is essentially 1 game per round (unless that’s changed?) - they don’t need to mess the schedule up for that.

If they can’t have it overlap with the AFL season, then there’s not many options - a January start is far better than a truncated league.

But cricket and AFL are different sports. Why does it matter?

1 Like

WOW! Blues have been hammered by the GWS by 105 points in a low crowd at Etihad Stadium. There have been injuries to four players. Unfortunately, the future for coach, Brendon Bolton at the club is very bleak for him. He needs to go now. The Blues have been smashed by Adelaide, Brisbane, Collingwood, Freo, Hawthorn, Melbourne, North Melbourne, St Kilda and now GWS.
WOW! Demons are in Top 4 right now with a 96 point hammering over the Suns in front of 23000 at the MCG. They will face Sydney, West Coast and GWS. Time will tell whether they are a good fit for Top 4. Unfortunately, Gold Coast Suns have been hit with a blow with Peter Wright injuring his knee.
WOWEE! The West Coast Eagles have won 7 straight Western Derby Matches so far. Eagles’ 58-point belting over Fremantle put them in Top 2. Fremantle are in big trouble right now. They are expecting the records crowd numbers to be broken but were 240 people shy of the record (West Coast v Richmond - R9, 2018, 57616). It was the second-highest crowd by a Fremantle game in Western Australia. IF they would have got 58000 at the stadium, it would be the highest crowd at Optus Stadium in their history). The Eagles have won 14 games so far this season and next matches to come: Port Adelaide, Melbourne and Brisbane.

1 Like

So are we not gonna talk about that punch by Gaff to Brayshaw to the jaw. like what the fuck was that all about? and why?

5 Likes

Gaff is getting 6+ weeks for that punch for sure. Terrible.

2 Likes

Melbourne’s 96 point thrashing of Gold Coast today means for the first time, the Demons have won by 90 points on three occasions in one season.

Slightly incorrect, there is still interest in AFL in October with club best and fairest, draft period and player movements.

Needs more strong text

But yes, an insanely cooked move. Shame on the supporters who cheered him off - just awful

2 Likes

Something else that was broken was Andrew Brayshaw’s jaw by Andrew Gaff. Needless to say, Fremantle coach Ross Lyon was not happy with the event, neither were his senior players. Safe to say, young Andrew probably isn’t happy either.
Bolton isn’t the issue at Carlton, the issue is the amount of players on the list who aren’t even VFL standard. Carlton today received their 15th 100 point defeat at VFL/AFL level, this game being the equal 10th highest ever for them. First time the Giants have beaten anyone other than the Suns by over 100 points. The crowd was ok, was actually the 12th highest crowd the Giants have played in front of at the Docklands.

1 Like