AFL

Yes, I’m amazed to hear that RICH vs COLL won’t be on free to air next week.

You’d think Channel 7 would have been clamouring for this game pretty much regardless of how Collingwood were going.

Yeah it’s an argument that annoys me. Comes across as a mostly media driven argument, where the guys involved don’t pay the airfares/tickets/accommodation for any of it anyway. If they did go to a floating fixture I’d get used to it, but it would likely result in me watching less live. I guess there’s a balance somewhere.
Hopefully next year we don’t get the clear bottom 6 (Carl, Stk, Bris, GC, Freo, WB) playing Friday night. Of course, that means eliminating the Rich v Carl game to open the season. Funny how the AFL want it both ways!

1 Like

Really? I book trips 2-3 weeks before and can get better deals than booking months in advance.

Well St Kilda wasn’t a bottom 6 team last year.

I understand what you are saying. I understand your arguments but I just think there needs to be some drastic changes to the fixture next year. My MCG games is another must from the AFL.

Aren’t Foxtel guaranteed some potential blockbusters each year? They’ll get a better crowd than say 3:20 Sunday.

Yes really. Had two trips to Melbourne this year from Hobart, cost me $45 one way at most each time. Wish I could get that 2-3 weeks in advance instead of buying them 6 months in advance. If I purchased them 2-3 weeks in advance the cheapest flight was $149.
And where did I say St Kilda were a bottom 6 team last year? I didn’t.
I don’t understand your argument at all. I’m all for everyone playing 5 Melb away games, would be on my watch. Don’t see a floating fixture changing anything except for annoying Foxtel, who are guaranteed certain blockbusters (same as Docklands are guaranteed of certain drawing fixtures). You make it sound like 7 had no say in the fixture.

1 Like

No I wasn’t having a go at your comment. Was simply implying the bottom 6 aren’t always going to be the least competitive sides the following year. St Kilda had good run last year and on that performance deserved a friday night game. On this years performance they don’t. That is where the floating fixture would help.

My suggestion isn’t about helping seven out. Its about having a marque game that will set up a buzz for the week. Last nights game really didn’t have that.

1 Like

Gold Coast Suns beat the Swans in Sydney by 4 goals this afternoon… What’s going on there?

3 Likes

No Suns/Swans talk allowed - the sites benevolent dictator isn’t happy with the result

4 Likes

I agree, it’s just certain media types looking to fill columns and air time in the over saturated AFL media. Along the way they suck a few people along with them.

Every interstate trip to go the footy has been planned months in advance too. Even this weekend my wife and I planned to spend the weekend away and go to the footy in Geelong tonight, finances put an end to that and we’re watching an home.

Big upset. But there has been a few in the last two weeks. Top 4 back open.

2 Likes

You’re not the only one. And if the Knights lost to the Titans, I would not be a happy man.

Adelaide become the only team not to lose to the Suns after Sydney misbehave this afternoon. Obviously, first win at the SCG for the Suns, who move to 4-13 for the season.

WOW! Gold Coast Suns have beaten Sydney Swans for the first time ever. 8th time lucky for the Suns! The Gold Coast Suns have had 4 wins so far this season. Sydney have suffered back-to-back home losses and Top 4 chances are more likely to be gone. Buddy Franklin was quite sloppy during his kicking. Something needs to happen for Sydney. They cannot afford to lose in their must-win clashes.
Collingwood are flying high with a 66 point thrashing over the Kangaroos at the MCG. They are in super form. North Melbourne’s final chances are unlikely this year. Next week, Richmond and Collingwood will play together at the MCG and I expect a 80 000 strong crowd at the MCG. Will Collingwood take the top spot? Or can Richmond maintain its wonderful form at the MCG?
Zach Tuohy has kicked a goal after the siren to win over the Demons by 2 points. The Demons have lost 4 straight games against Geelong. Something needs to happen next week for the Demons as they face Crows at Adelaide Oval. Demons cannot afford to lose a match if they want to play finals footy.

They beat another team outside the top 8. Not impressed yet.

But they are third.

Did anyone watch tonight’s FTA game?

:open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth:

1 Like

That was Premiership stuff in that 4th Quarter out of Geelong. Just need more of it every week and every quarter

Thank christ Taylor didn’t mark it.

3 Likes

It was a special day for Tom Hawkins who celebrated his 30th birthday with 7 goals. Geelong have won Carlton, Collingwood, Gold Coast, GWS, Melbourne (x2), North Melbourne, Power, saints, Swans. I think they will play finals footy this year.

This is my prediction for finals:
Collingwood, Richmond, Port Adelaide, west Coast, Melb, Cats, GWS, Swans (by a fraction).
Missing finals: North, hawthorn, Essendon, Adelaide, fremantle, Bulldogs, Lions, Saints, Suns. blues for spoon.

Big story: brendon Bolton resigns from Carlton. Someone will replace him for 2019 season.
Grand final: Pies v Power

Betting against Richmond, pretty bold.

2 Likes

I know. Which is good. But like Port Adelaide last year are they flat track bullies?