AFL

Pies won’t make it

2 Likes

Agree… I think it will be Richmond vs ??? … Not sure who yet.
Maybe West Coast.

Richmond look to be streets ahead of the rest, they could do a Hawthorn and win 3 in a row.

2 Likes

Forget Friday nights, I’m loving Saturday nights! Seven have a coup there.

Yes it was a good game but IMO its the kind of game that should have been showcased to all of Australia rather than just VIC, WA and NSW. If it were on a Friday night this would have happened.

First time I’ve seen West Coast come out to the ground. Do they come through their Eagles circus tunnel every week? Because it creates drama but boy its a circus tunnel.

Yep, since the beginning of the Season, they come out of that Eagle themed tunnel at all of their Home Games, for Away they go through the traditional banner.

1 Like

I went to the Collingwood v North game yesterday, Collingwood’s song to get the crowd excited was absolutely pathetic. If you are going to try and do what Port do at least pick a good song.

1 Like

Not a fan of the west coast tunnel. It looks like a backyard inflatable. Having been to a few games at Optus its just not a great entrance IMO. But the West coast song to get the crowd excited is The Greatest Showman, which I think is an awesome choice and I love it. Compared to the western derby which was a fremantle home came and their song was Prince’s Purple rain…

1 Like

Port have Rudimental Not Giving In at their home games before they come out and it works perfectly. I don’t know what Collingwood were thinking.

I agree about the tunnel. But its different.

I agree, thats a good choice

West Coast: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyVYXRD1Ans

Fremantle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvnYmWpD_T8

1 Like

I think Purple Rain is quite fitting for Fremantle.

This is kind of what is shown on the screen for Port Adelaide

Obviously changes every year. And is only around 1 minute of the song.

Decent song, but doesnt get the crowd excited…

When I go to the next derby in a couple of weeks I’ll try and get a video of the west coast pregame.

1 Like

It was very horrible day for Carlton scoring zero in the first quarter against Hawks. They ended up losing the match by 72 points. The massive problem is that the players are having paltry communication skills. There is a likelihood that Carlton will get the wooden spoon. If they get the wooden spoon, Bolton will go and they will have No 1 and 2 Draft Picks.

The game at Optus Stadium between West Coast and Bulldogs drew lower than usual crowds at the stadium. They were predicting about 53000 at the stadium, but about 46000 attended the match. The weather had a big impact on the game. But it was the Eagles that stormed home by 54 points. WOW! Eagles have won 13 games and sit 2nd on the ladder. Their next games are North, Fremantle (OS), Port Adelaide, Melbourne (OS) and Brisbane. West Coast could have a chance of being minor premiers for the first time since 2006.

Port Adelaide’s Top 4 chances have been dented by GWS after a 22 point win at Adelaide oval. GWS have won 4 straight games over Power. GWS win puts them in 6th spot and pushed Cats to 9th spot. Sydney remain in 4th spot despite their unlikely loss to the Gold Coast Suns. Something needs to change for Port Adelaide as they face Bulldogs in Ballarat.

3 Likes

Yep not a good day. But they found some form in the second half and did some good things to get back into the game. Without Ryder, Jonas and Motlop I think they did ok. Need to win against the Bulldogs and Essendon and win two of their 50/50 games against Collingwood, West Coast and Adelaide which should give them a double chance.

GWS have beaten Adelaide and Port Adelaide on their home turf in the same season. That’s quite an achievement.

1 Like

I’d say the top 3 are guaranteed to make finals now and 4-12 are fighting it out for the other spots. Amazing how a couple of random losses (Port in Perth last week, Syd at home Sat) can open the door for those below.

1 Like

I don’t get it - I personally find the general admission seats at the MCG and Ethiad to be great - high up on a bit of an angle - I’ll usually aim for somewhere in Q50, and I’ve never been tempted to upgrade to a reserved seat.

Is it just others like being lower down, or is there something amazing about Level 2 that I’m missing?

2 Likes

As a GA member, I love the GA seating at the MCG when its a lower crowd game (always is when Port play in Melbourne) as I can sit by the Port cheer squad, not a big fan of heights or stairs so don’t really like level 3 at Etihad, I tend to upgrade to a level 1 seat there.

I always do GA. Why pay more than you have to!?