AFL

‘One caller’? :roll_eyes:

1 Like

It’s an expression, ‘a caller’ or so forth

1 Like

At some point the AFL has to move to something more like the NBA’s system for the top picks, so a low tier team isn’t punished for having a few good games in a miserable season.

Would take the edge off needing to tank if finishing any of the bottom four was treated basically the same, rather than the huge advantage of the number 1 pick.

If a team’s interest is served by not winning, it’s a bad system.

1 Like

As much as I can’t stand Richmond I can’t but help feel sorry for the exiting coach . He clearly looked worn down and was thinking about it for a while. Do coaches not get access to mental health support as coach? Obviously coaching is tough with the requirements and the strategies and managing of game plan and players , I mean we just need to look at how Alistair Clarkson sensationally quit of some “racisim” claims that have not been proven and all delivered by a family that want toHe never got a chance to defend himself at all. But that’s a separate issue in itself but somewhat relevant to support and mental health.

I really do think afl have a problem with the dynamics of mental health support with coaches and support systems need to be better especially in tough times when there are allegations are being made against them.

5 Likes
6 Likes

I know it’s been a few years but I think there’s still a bit hanging around from the COVID bubbles. There were a few marriage breakups and tensions caused. I think Dimmer might even have been one that stemmed from there too.
Easy to forget these days but they were very interesting and different times. They were all in close proximity to each other but far from their families much of the time and under very testing conditions to bring things to us and all routine was out the window. It’s not surprising that it had some mental health impacts on people in the league, just as it did for those outside.

I think for Hardwicke it’s been a build up of things and something he’s agonized with for a while but he’s earned a break and I wish him well with relaxing and whatever is next for him.

1 Like

My Idea of a Season Structure inclusive of 77 Free to Air Matches on Channel 7.

The 16 Normal Rounds structure should consist of;

1 Thursday Night Match at 7:20PM AEST (Up to Round 15) Channel 7

1 Friday Night Match at 7:20PM AEST Channel 7
1 Friday Late Night Match at 8:40PM AEST (Perth 4 Rounds) Foxtel

1 Saturday Afternoon Match at 1:45PM AEST (Victoria) Foxtel
1 Saturday Late Afternoon Match at 3:20PM AEST Foxtel
1 Saturday Twilight Match at 4:40PM AEST (NSW & Queensland) Foxtel
1 Saturday Night Match at 7:32PM AEST (Up to Round 15 excluding Dreamtime at the G) Foxtel
1 Saturday Night Match at 7:32PM AEST (Dreamtime at the G) Channel 7
2 Saturday Night Matches at 7:32PM AEST (After Round 15) Channel 7 and Foxtel

1 Sunday Afternoon Match at 1:45PM AEST Foxtel
1 Sunday Late Afternoon Match at 3:20PM AEST Channel 7
1 Sunday Twilight Match at 4:40PM AEST (Minus 4 Rounds) Foxtel.

The 1 Gather Round structure should consist of;

1 Thursday Night Match at 7:20PM AEST Channel 7

1 Saturday Early Afternoon Match at 12:32PM AEST Foxtel
1 Saturday Twilight Match at 4:40PM AEST Foxtel
1 Saturday Night Match at 7:32PM AEST Foxtel

1 Sunday Early Afternoon Match at 12:32PM AEST Foxtel
1 Sunday Twilight Match at 4:40PM AEST Foxtel.

The 1 Anzac Day Round structure should Include;

1 Anzac Day Eve Night Match at 7:20PM AEST Channel 7
1 Anzac Day Late Afternoon Match at 3:20PM AEST Channel 7

The 2 Public Holiday Rounds structure should consist of;

1 Good Friday Late Afternoon Match at 3:20PM AEST Channel 7
1 Friday Night Match at 7:20PM AEST Good Friday Foxtel and King’s Birthday Channel 7

1 Saturday Afternoon Matches at 1:45PM AEST (Victoria) Foxtel

1 Sunday Late Afternoon Match at 3:20PM AEST Foxtel
1 Sunday Night Match at 7:20PM AEST Channel 7

1 Monday Late Afternoon Match at 3:20PM AEST Channel 7

On King’s Birthday Long Weekend 2 Teams have a Bye.

The 4 Bye Rounds Structure (Round 11 to 15) should consist of;

1 Saturday Afternoon Match at 1:45PM AEST (Victoria) Foxtel

On Bye Rounds 4 Teams have a Bye.

1 Like

In the Tasmanian budget announced today, the state government will provide $22.5 million to the new 19th club, as part of a “Tasmanian AFL club package”. The funds will support the establishment and initial operations of the AFL and AFLW club, starting from next year.

The budget confirms the government’s commitment to a new stadium at Macquarie Point in Hobart, allocating $230 million (of a total $375 million of state funds) over the next four years to “Macquarie Point urban renewal”.

The budget also includes $1.1 million this financial year for the Hawthorn Football Club sponsorship.

3 Likes

Not good news, particularly the links to concussion

1 Like

Tonight i am a corporate wanker.

6 Likes

Noice!

1 Like

Nice. Enjoy the game (in this cold Sydney night).

1 Like

Got a complementary blanket and drinking out of reasonably cheap reuseable cups. Theyre not going to get them back if I can help it.

3 Likes

Well that’s the Blues done for this season. Voss will need to put up with rolling speculation over his head in the coming months . Considering I think nobody can turn this club around I’d say just leave him there and let the circus continue on.

3 Likes

Carlton had one too many injuries, and we mowed them down. And how good was it to watch in a catered corporate area, even if I didn’t get to keep the blanket or cups. The Carlton fans in attendance really did get the shits though. Funny things to see. :rofl:

Damn it. Was hoping for a comeback… my roughie didn’t pay off this week, 0/1 so far.

You hoped wrong. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Chher, Cheer!

1 Like

A bit like watching you get the shits in this forum when the Swans, Jets or Knights lose :rofl:

1 Like

Yeah, but I wasn’t insanely drunk and trying to punch on like these dickheads.